PDA

View Full Version : removing air con on corsa sport.

therealnovaboy
01-02-09, 11:49 AM
i know is not nova related but figured people mite know as there is no air con on novas. i have a corsa sport 1.6i with air con and power steering. i am wanting to remove the air con as it doesnt work and i dont use it and would be a weight saving opertunity. however if i keep the power steering and remove the air con pump the belt cannot go round the air con pully meaning the tensioner is tensioning the wrong direction. does any one know what the setup is on a corsa with powersteering and no air con. if anyone has any pictures this would help alot or if anyone knows whether you can fitt a tensioner and belt from another model without air con.

Mikey_J
01-02-09, 08:21 PM
Ive had the exact same problem as you. Basically you need the engine mount off of a 1.6 with power steering without air con. I'm not sure on the tensioner so cant answer that question. What i do know is that it will be an absolute **** to change over and that's why i have'nt done it yet lol

Also have you changed the aux belt yet? Word of advice....... don't bother, leave it till it snaps lol

Sloth
01-02-09, 08:25 PM
as above, but astra mk3 ones fit apparently...