PDA

View Full Version : NOVALOAD.NET

mikeoxford
18-12-02, 12:18 PM
who remebers the change over time?

im finding it hard to remember what the old site was like before i posted on this one!

all i remember was there was a big difference and tha change was a bit radical for me at first

like it now though :lol:

what had iut used to be like? i remembere the first login page type thing

wisewood
18-12-02, 12:23 PM
it was VERY different...
posts were not dynamic (they stayed where you posted them so popular posts just slowly dissapeared of the page)

it is hard to describe what it looked like as it was just a web page really - mostly white, with some blue and red... what more do you want mike? :lol:

Dave_Hay
18-12-02, 12:31 PM
i liked jordan......... mmmmmmmmm ;)

wisewood
18-12-02, 12:57 PM
oh - and novaload was written at the top in red with whte flecks in it (like cracks?) and ian's nova was in the top right corner... in it's old form with darker blue paintwork and older style front bumper too i think?

Ian
18-12-02, 02:03 PM
the older paint was actually lighter, but appeared darker in some pics - estoril blue..
and some people didnt get that template some had custom ones such as a sunbed one...jordan one...and one with a 70s disco theme...eh disco dave hahahah

wisewood
18-12-02, 02:10 PM
well fcuk my hat - why did i never know about that :lol:
i love disco :D

Ian
18-12-02, 02:26 PM
apparently dave hays nick name at school was disco dave cos he was so exciting heh and he wwas posting on pugwreck as disco dave so you know us never ones to take the piss, we thought we'd mak ean exception and changed daves to disco dave with beegees and 70s background and john travolta etc lol

Dave_Hay
18-12-02, 02:59 PM
:wink:

thats nearly correct, but the nicknames i had at school were more ****,wanker,fucking prick etc.......

mikeoxford
18-12-02, 03:02 PM
duno what more i want wise!!!

room in my mini bar / firdge to put an extra can of carling!

can only fit 23 - how annoying is that!

wisewood
18-12-02, 04:18 PM
good excuse to drink one there and then if you ask me. :D

Jim
18-12-02, 07:45 PM
The old Novaload layout was a blue background with the text being in the centre with the blue background at the sides. It had Novaload up the top in red.

Jim

MattyWoo
18-12-02, 08:13 PM
the website micky mentioned above is http://www.archive.org or its a site like the one micky mentioned, quite amusing looking at stuff like mtv.com from 1996 lol

wisewood
18-12-02, 08:17 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20010515195415rn_2/www.novaload.net/login.asp

you can't actually log in... coz this novaload is built on top of it... but you can see the old splash screen.

kevw
18-12-02, 09:22 PM
that sites wuite nifty, im impressed...

Dave_Hay
18-12-02, 09:56 PM
he must have been some kid..........

prob drove a metro with tints some time ago

mikeoxford
18-12-02, 10:56 PM
thats site is a minter 8)

Dave_Hay
20-12-02, 03:08 PM
kev missed my quality reply

or did he?

mikeoxford
20-12-02, 05:48 PM
where do u reckon that site is stored?

my guess is big supercomputer in USA..........

wonder what the purpose of it is :?

to spy on us all probly make sure were not alquiada (sp :?)

Ben (lurk75)
21-12-02, 10:41 AM
Probably get completely slatted for this and maybe even barred but i have to say the new site is great but.... i do think that the old Novatrader was much better than the new for sale forums :? :? :?

kevw
21-12-02, 06:54 PM
the old novatrader was much better, it was like a whole seperate site but running off the same database as novaload...

Ive got 2 weeks to myself coming up, its on my list :P

ade
22-12-02, 12:02 AM
its amazing how quickly you forget something isnt it.

Like yesterday, I parked my car at the front of the office and then when I cam out 8 hours later, it took me 10 minutes to remember where I'd bloody parked! I actually walked around in the building for 5 minutes then went back inside (coz it was freezing) and got security to use the cctv's to search the carpark!

Found it 20ft from the bloody door!

That old splash screen brings back memories. That particular ones before my time. the one I was used to had a purple nova on it.
:D

mikeoxford
22-12-02, 12:09 AM
:lol: @ ade!

is it marriage or age going to your head?!?!?! or u still suffering from 2pak fumes :lol:

i did similar thing a week back

parked car up, went and watch film, came out - couldnt see my car, checked two other car parks, was on fone to police 2 report it stolen, as it was NOWHERE whilst on fone i embarasingly have to say oops sorry i found it!

some CNUT had parked in next to me about 6 inches away from car, he was parked in the entrance to the fcukin aisle (i was on the end!!!) i was sure i would have seen my car thats why i foned!!! felt like a lemon ill tell ya - put wind up me enough to buy myself 2 or 3 kill switches and fit them this weekend :D