PDA

View Full Version : which engine is best autograss

djdaddydan100
31-01-09, 10:23 PM
hi peeps
kinda new to this so you have to bear with me i gota nova an i do autograss racing i just changed me class to class 5 which is basically 1.4 8v. The problem is i dont no anything about vauxhall engines ie max power out of standard engine. this is where you peeps come in lol

any ideas ????
best head best top end best gearbox etc

i kinda on a budget lol but shud be able to push for set of carbs vernier pulley and cam shaft etc.

let_nova
31-01-09, 10:26 PM
sri engine. 1.4 8v good power. lots of autograss nova stuff on ebay.

nova_saloon
31-01-09, 11:40 PM
1.6 head on a 1.4 block on twin 40's is quite good close ratio f10 gearbox

philip
01-02-09, 07:51 AM
even better:

stock bottom end with arp's (1.4 8v)
1.3 ported/polished head
solid lifters
newman race cam
throttle bodies.

and something i found out the other day...you could cut the flange off a c20xe manifold, and put the relavent flange on to suit the head....and you have a very cheap manifold.

mates gf's class 5 runs spec of above 113bhp@wheels at 8.3k and only going for a freshen up on bottom end, lasted 2 years!:thumb: think also using a f13 with a dif!

_JH_
01-02-09, 01:51 PM
Is it actually NASA Autograss or a local copycat club like prestatyn?

If NASA, you're fighting a losing battle by running a class 5 nova, especially FWD. You'll never get anywhere near a Rear-engined mini with the same engine.

Either turn your nova into a 2/6 or put your engine in the back of something light. If your budget is tight, a class 6 would be the easiest and fastest option.

If you're determined to do it, then a C14SE engine out of a Nova SRi or a MK3 astra would be a good start. the 1.6 head is cheap, but machining it down isn't. No need to have a 1300 head worked on when you could spend the money on a 1400/1600 head instead.

but hurry up, the season's not far away lol

garyc
01-02-09, 01:54 PM
you wan the 14SE engine. Use the SE head over 1300 one it has better ports and bigger valves as std. Yo will probably want to weld the diff up too.

philip
01-02-09, 02:00 PM
my mates mrs is very competetive in the autograss, not sure what league or what ever, but there cars are NW108 and NW109.

she drilled the females couple of years ago and just missed out on getting the mens, they race at broughton and whitchurch i think!

class 7 would be good, i just hope i can get mine built:cool:

djdaddydan100
01-02-09, 09:28 PM
you peeps are legends thanks v much well appriciated.

i will be racing at star (telford) and ns whichurch.

and when i work out how to up load pics i shall bit of a work in progress at mo but shud be good for you who are interested.

have to work quick tho only got til end of march til first race

thanks again.