PDA

View Full Version : Advice in finding someone...

Saloony
30-01-09, 10:49 PM
Can anyone give me some helpfully advice in finding an old friend? Basicly long and short of it is, this geezer took me through my training for the first 2 1/2years of being an apprentice. He really pushed me to get on with it all, and i really looked upto him. He moved back to ipswich late 2004 heard from him once or twice after but there on lost touch. Can anyone assist with some good advice?

Pistol Pete
30-01-09, 10:56 PM
Long shot, but dont know if you are on Facebook or something similar, but these sites are a great way of finding old friends..

Saloony
30-01-09, 10:58 PM
Yeah i am.. that was my first port of call, but its not the sort of thing he would go on.. i have checked mind you lol

Graeme
30-01-09, 11:01 PM
What about friends reunited but I suppose you'd have to know his school details to look on there, have you tried googling him?

sulphur
30-01-09, 11:03 PM
If you know the area he's living in, and his full name..could you not ring up operator services an ask them to look up the number for you?

Or is that not possible? :(

walshc
30-01-09, 11:57 PM
Maybe post his name and rough age on all the sites you use, theres a chance, albeit a small one, that someone knows a guy with same name and age etc

It could work :p

mowgli
31-01-09, 08:28 AM
the local bbc radio station will always have a community style show.. email them with the details.
find the local paper & stick an ad in the personal section... everybody reads them, to see which girls are celebrating their 18th or 21st so they can walk up to them in a club later & hug & kiss them and wish them a happy birthday (a mate managed 6 shags that way one year)

Mike
31-01-09, 10:11 AM
Get on google and search any info you have on him!

I used google to search a mobile phone number to track down a know con artist :thumb: gave me a link to an old eBay auction for a Porchse. Got a reg plate, got him nicked lol

rubachuk
31-01-09, 11:48 AM
Try this>>> http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/residential/search.publisha

I've used it before and it's helped me out, has obvious limitations but worth a stab.

meritlover
31-01-09, 11:51 AM
obituaries?

Saloony
31-01-09, 05:17 PM
Right i turned a blank on friends reunited, facebook and google. Now going check bt and Mowgli that is a cracking idea..

Cheers peeps.. keep them coming if you can

Nova_Tek
31-01-09, 05:51 PM
Adult Friend Finder?

You're an adult, your friend is who you are trying to find lol

Sorry I had to :D

Friends reunited is a good place plus the socail network sites should have good luck there.

djbrowney
31-01-09, 05:58 PM
obituaries?

are you some kind of a **** :tard:

have some respect !!!

FOAD :thumb: