PDA

View Full Version : Removing Inlet Manifold

SKoob
30-01-09, 09:33 PM
I need to remove my inlet manifold so I can get my twin webers off, just wondering if its a wise idea to do it this time of year as I have to drop the coolant :confused: Is it likely my block will crack with this freezing weather we're expecting? If so anything I can do to prevent it?

mowgli
30-01-09, 09:40 PM
if the engine has no coolant in it, then it can't freeze.....

so drain it out

SKoob
30-01-09, 09:44 PM
Well it will have some in the block unless i take the core plugs out and I cba to do that

mowgli
30-01-09, 09:57 PM
Well it will have some in the block unless i take the core plugs out and I cba to do that

if you remove the manifold, then you can get at the pipe on the back of the waterpump, undo that & all the water will come out...

also as long as the water isn't completely filling the block, if it freezes, the ice will expand & contract easily without damage. its only going to be -2 each day, and if there is antifreeze in the coolant, then it is fine

Pistol Pete
30-01-09, 09:57 PM
The little amount left in it wont be enough to damage the engine if it does freeze, IMO.

meritlover
31-01-09, 08:02 AM
there will be a release of coolant when you remove the manifold anyway. and providing the coolant was mixed suitably with antifreeze, then it should be no more of a problem than id the cooling system was normally filled.