PDA

View Full Version : Clio Williams

chimp007_uk
30-01-09, 04:44 PM
Evening,

Been bored in the office today, so thought i'd have a look at what cars are about... Thinking of selling my Mk4 Golf GTtdi 110 (150 ;))

Came across a few Clio Williams... Whats peoples impressions? and feedback would be appreciated! I know rexy has one, and seems to like it... Always liked them, but never actually thought about owning one.

Cheers all

Chris

Jack
30-01-09, 04:45 PM
Search forum for Rexy

lol

hc coupe
30-01-09, 04:46 PM
/\ lol,

chimp007_uk
30-01-09, 04:49 PM
I've seen the snapped cam belt etc... that can happen on any car... And obvious lack of space is not that much different than my nova xe.

I was looking for driving feedback... comparrisons to xe nova's etc as i know what they're like. If.... I were to get one it would be my everyday car.

Spudly
30-01-09, 05:10 PM
French = FAIL

Trust me i work for a renault mainstealers and they make them out of cheese chocolate and plasticene!

chimp007_uk
30-01-09, 05:13 PM
They're not as a bad as a nova... and you can pic up a williams for cheaper than a standard gte now.

I owned a 306 for 5years and probably one of the best cars i've had.

Spudly
30-01-09, 05:19 PM
you can pic up a williams for cheaper than a standard gte now.

Does that not tell you something about the cars quality though as theyre a relatively new(ish) car in comparison to a nova yet theyre cheaper, think that kinda makes my point there doesnt it haha lol

Rexy
30-01-09, 08:34 PM
personally, I would stay away from the mk1 clios Fullstop. . .

Ive had a valver nothing but problems from day one and a williams again nothing but problems from day one

I've also had a xsara VTS and loved it had no problems whatso ever until it split a pipe and i had to drive a full junction with no water so cooked the engine.

Willy was a good car, pretty quick WHen stripped handeled well just kept breaking on me grrrrr. Sat here now on my dirve dead again killed the bottom end because i held it at 7k for about 2mins lol Soft ****ing ****.

Lee
30-01-09, 08:39 PM
. Always liked them, but never actually thought about owning one.

Well now you have :) And thats as far as you should go lol

turbojolt
30-01-09, 09:26 PM
i think french cars get a hard press there are some i would love to own
205 gti
306 gti-6
renault 5 gt turbo and the renault clio williams i think there are some good french cars

sulphur
30-01-09, 09:28 PM
From being in Rexys, t'was a nice little car. Fairly quick std and handled like it was on rails. He's just cursed when it comes to clios. I wouldn't mind one, but if I had the bad luck Rexy did I'd burn every one I saw lol

dj_wudgey
31-01-09, 12:12 PM
they are poo look good but they run like french cars!!

Sloth
31-01-09, 03:37 PM
theres a buyers guide in this months ppc mag. and rexy, get a funking redtop in it asap, or a 20v turbo lump....

Rexy
31-01-09, 05:12 PM
there are loads of ace french cars... they know how to make a good handeling fast car. I woul still consider a clio 172 or even a saxo VTS/xsara VTS

dj_wudgey
31-01-09, 05:20 PM
there are loads of ace french cars... they know how to make a good handeling fast car. I woul still consider a clio 172 or even a saxo VTS/xsara VTS

there just not good quality imo my sisters bonnet on her clio came up smashed the window dented the roof and she was on the motorway yet renault still refused to admit it was a common fault!!! i wouldent want to drive one lol they have made very few cars i like but the french won me over with one or two i like 5 turbos and 309 gti's ect but i doubt id have one!!

Rexy
31-01-09, 09:22 PM
well considering they revised the bonnet catch pmsl, course it was a common fault but imagine the repair costs.... It used to be a big thing seeing clios on the motorways with the bonnet on the roof and windows smashed...

ben lee
31-01-09, 09:24 PM
id choose a 172 over a nova xe anyday now afer driveing one.

at the moment i got a clio rsi the later 1.6 16v 110bhp awsome lil car. its up for sale too

dj_wudgey
31-01-09, 09:29 PM
id choose a 172 over a nova xe anyday now afer driveing one.

at the moment i got a clio rsi the later 1.6 16v 110bhp awsome lil car. its up for sale too

drove clio 172's mate allright id rather have a chevette or a old schhol corolla ae 86 real cars!!!!

Spudly
01-02-09, 11:48 AM
well considering they revised the bonnet catch pmsl, course it was a common fault but imagine the repair costs.... It used to be a big thing seeing clios on the motorways with the bonnet on the roof and windows smashed...

Because there are millions of clio IIs licking about they simply couldnt recall all of them in one go so the recalls are ongoing even now, we have had a fresh run of them so another batch of recall letters have just gone out.

And Wudgey there is no way that they could tell you that, your sis shouldve argued it all the way as tbh renault are really big on customer satisfaction so it will have been the mainstealers you went to being snotty toss bags, Renault UK would have rolled over and paid for it to be fixed!

dj_wudgey
01-02-09, 11:50 AM
And Wudgey there is no way that they could tell you that, your sis shouldve argued it all the way as tbh renault are really big on customer satisfaction so it will have been the mainstealers you went to being snotty toss bags, Renault UK would have rolled over and paid for it to be fixed![/quote]

she got her money back mate complained to that watchdog sh*t and they sorted it!!

Spudly
01-02-09, 11:57 AM
You need to learn to quote properly dude lol

I remember the thing about it on watchdog that was years ago and the recalls are still ongoing!

dj_wudgey
01-02-09, 12:03 PM
You need to learn to quote properly dude lol

I remember the thing about it on watchdog that was years ago and the recalls are still ongoing!

that beter lol yea she got them to sort it as they were just messing her around at renault here!! they got her everything payed for the damage to the roof window new bonet paint everything!! which i supose is not bad but it shouldent have happend in the first place.

she gets p*ssed off though my car gets used half a year is 21 years old and i have had no problems with it and her's is allways broke :thumb:

poultergeist
01-02-09, 12:04 PM
I've owned 4 french cars and never had a problem with any of them,apart from the Clio 16v!
The gearbox went (as they do on all of them) and they are like rocking horse poo to find.
But,as with any car,a bit of care and tlc,and a service regularly and it should be fine

And the French do know how to make a seriously quick little car,smiles from ear to ear!

Sloth
01-02-09, 02:30 PM
And the French do know how to make a seriously quick little car,smiles from ear to ear!

yes, but so do the png.....:thumb: