PDA

View Full Version : Nova saloon exhaust

hc coupe
30-01-09, 10:48 AM
Ok so I wasn’t sure where to put this thread so I took a stab at it here.

So I’m after an exhaust for my Saloon/Coupe. Looking on the net (well to the best of my abilities) I can’t find a company that can do a “performance” full exhaust with out going mental on the budget (full on custom).

I do have a performance exhaust ; all be it a bit old, from a hatch, but as that falls a feet or so short what can I do? Or what have you (PSG) done.

I’ve got a c16xe engine and full exhaust from a hatch. I wanted to put the old twin rectangle shape one from the old senator, so can I connect this back box (I hope it will give me the extra length ) . I can’t find any real info on the back box or how it connects to the original.

Any info or idea.

Only image i can really find:

http://www.autobahnstormers.org//members_gallery/images/brunt_40_1.jpg

mowgli
30-01-09, 10:53 AM
you are going to have to custom make it....

unless you want a trilby hat or some driving gloves, there weren't many saloon only accesories made

hc coupe
30-01-09, 10:58 AM
Right , so can I join the back box up with my hatch exhaust.As it came of a straight 6 did it have two exhaust inlets (I have know Idea what to call them but like) . If so how would i be able to link them up with one ?. block one up lol ???

Welsh Dan
30-01-09, 10:59 AM
Exhaust places like powerflow can make one like that but specifically to fit your car.

Jack
30-01-09, 12:58 PM
1. Pick up hatchback exhaust

2. Pick up grinder

3. Operate grinder on tailpipe of hatchback exhaust.

4. Put down grinder, pick up welder

5. Weld in extension to tailpipe, approx 12" in length

6. Fit back box to car

7. Feel smug in the knowledge you are a saloon driver and ergo superior to most of the people on here.

mowgli
30-01-09, 01:02 PM
1. Pick up hatchback exhaust

2. Pick up grinder

6. Fit back box to car

7. Feel smug in the knowledge you are a saloon driver and ergo superior to most of the people on here.

8. try to work out why..............

9. then go for a lie down

hc coupe
30-01-09, 01:02 PM
Hmmmm ok I'l give it a whirl !! Project thread next week.

stevie-p
30-01-09, 07:54 PM
[quote=Razorjack]1. Pick up hatchback exhaust

2. Pick up grinder

6. Fit back box to car

thats what i did:thumb:

mowgli
30-01-09, 08:47 PM
look up irmscher on the bay.. there are quite a few suitable tailpipes on at the mo

Mcgowan
31-01-09, 02:54 AM
I struggled with this as well mate after fitting an SR lump into my loon so i went the simple root an jus haven't bothered with a backbox at all!!!