PDA

View Full Version : carbs

Twistie
30-01-09, 12:34 AM
Right what will i need to fit SUZUKI GSXR 600 carbs to my nova sri engine or i have been told twin 40s but i will have to get them set up all the time i need as much help as i can on this thanks Jake

hagger
30-01-09, 12:38 AM
if the weber 40s are in decent working order and set up well, you wont need to have to keep setting them up. and they be cheaper due to not having to have a manifold fabricated for the bike carbs.

Sloth
30-01-09, 12:51 AM
yeah just remember rebuild kits for webers are very dear. bogg bros do a smallblock carb mani for 120 iirc

matt_vaughan
31-01-09, 02:16 PM
yeah just remember rebuild kits for webers are very dear. bogg bros do a smallblock carb mani for 120 iirc

That the mani to fit bike carbs? or Webers?

novaxe235
31-01-09, 02:20 PM
That the mani to fit bike carbs? or Webers? bike carbs dude bogg brothers are the people u need to talk too google them :thumb:

meritlover
31-01-09, 02:26 PM
you will also probably be better with a coil + distributor from and SR and wired accordingly.

jimbob-mcgrew
31-01-09, 07:09 PM
i hear if u put threadlock on the adjustment screws as your fine tuning them, they set still and dont move, without the thread lock the constant vibration of the engine slowly rattles the screws out of adjustment and then a re-tune is required every 2-6 months.

edit : soz, i was talking about the twin 40's **

Stuart
31-01-09, 08:27 PM
yeah just remember rebuild kits for webers are very dear.

£40 or so for the pair, and if you do it right/check everything etc you wont have to rebuild them again for about 10-15 years :D

These ****ty ass old wives tales should be dead and buried by now!!!!
They dont just drift out of tune (unless you are using a sand/fuel mix to hone the jets lol). Its down to stuff like setting the throttle pedal/linkage up so that with your foot fully decked on the floor, the carbs are barely at 100% open, so the spindle dosent get twisted/bent.

as said thread locking the idle adjusters helps.
and of course having them setup by someone with an ounce of back bone so you only have to go there ONCE!!!!!!! not by some cnut who wants you back and uses old wives tales to con you into repeat trips. If you have to keep getting them setup then there is something WRONG with them as opposed to "well its what they do"

Also dont forget to be using Misab plates and thackery washers to ease the vibrations on the carbs etc

rant over lol

meritlover
01-02-09, 06:40 AM
most problems are caused else where with carbs ie air leaks and worn engines. when power is down people automatically blame the carbs and try to 'tune out' air leaks. which of course will not last anymore than 5 mins.

jimbob-mcgrew
01-02-09, 06:51 PM
stuart - never thought about that, yeh good idea to set the cable/linkage up @ like 95% to stop that from happening. :thumb:

i dunno much about carbs at all really.there usually sound tho.
from what ive seen, its usually the float that goes first, tends to wear down and develop a hole in it, so it looses the ability to do its job, and all of a sudden youve got a prety spluttery running engine.