PDA

View Full Version : uprated drive shafts for xe corsa

turbo-boy
29-01-09, 08:44 PM
looking set of upgraded drive shafts for a corsa xe. was going to use 22 spline ones but dont think they would last

BIGS
29-01-09, 09:18 PM
i can get hold of a set with cv's on ready to fit. p.m me if your intrested

turbo-boy
30-01-09, 09:30 AM
u2u,d

novarobbo
30-01-09, 01:17 PM
use the standard big block shafts off a calibra/cav and get the cav/calibra hubs machined down to fit the corsa bearing's mine was done this way and lasted the lenght of time in which i had the car no probs with loads of hammer ;) cheap as chips too

trix2702
31-01-09, 05:16 PM
I ran Astra GTE shafts in my corsa turbo with no probs, used mtech hub flanges though

R1CH
31-01-09, 05:19 PM
looking set of upgraded drive shafts for a corsa xe. was going to use 22 spline ones but dont think they would last

22 spline shafts with some decent condition CV's will last absolutly fine with an XE.

mayhem
31-01-09, 05:29 PM
22 splines last on a let to.

Rich
31-01-09, 05:43 PM
I have a passengers side shaft from a corsa xe, short one. got cvs and good boots on it pm me an offer if your interested

turbo-boy
31-01-09, 06:32 PM
so wat standard shafts can i use that will just need me to get new flanges or machine the flange of a calibra or cavalier?i hav shafts of a calibra 8v but the long shaft is equal length can i use this set up?

Rich
01-02-09, 02:29 PM
i think you can use calibra/cavalier/astra stuff, just need to change the hubs to suit big block stuff your best off having a look on corsa sport. They like those bubble things there lol

trix2702
01-02-09, 02:42 PM
I ran astra gte shafts and had no probs, the cavy/calibra ones are very slightly longer I think

adgie
01-02-09, 04:53 PM
The cavalier ones need 10mm machining of them for them to work properly otherwise they have no play and will be more likley to break.Its best to buy the uprated hubs instead of machining yours.I found the Chris Astley hubs were a very tight fit,so much so that I had to heat it up and hammer the shaft to get it back out when I changed it. Ash

rallycraig
01-02-09, 10:08 PM
get the cav/calibra hubs machined down to fit the corsa bearing's

hope your not intending to drive fast!! that wheel bearing was the same fitted to all small engined nova's and corsa's, the cav had a bigger bearing for a reason, bigger speeds! plus those machined down flanges have a huge weak point!! do it properly and use group A hubs......., bigger bearing and no weak drive flanges!!!