View Full Version : people are odd

turbojolt
29-01-09, 12:05 PM
how can people sell the car saying completely standard apart from a s/s exhaust, alloys and air filter doesn't that go against the whole being completely standard statement

turbojolt
29-01-09, 12:06 PM
also why do you hear people calling themselves half Jewish how can you be half a religion seems a bit strange

Stuart
29-01-09, 12:22 PM
I'd be Christian, but im not a complete prick

bmw156
29-01-09, 12:40 PM
well could i say my nova was still "standard" because im just using newer nova things, like mk2 dash sr alloys, would the be declared as "nova standard" or modified, and i know people are gonna say thats not how it came from the factory. and just ignor i have lowering suspension for the sake of this point lol

turbojolt
29-01-09, 12:42 PM
well could i say my nova was still "standard" because im just using newer nova things, like mk2 dash sr alloys, would the be declared as "nova standard" or modified, and i know people are gonna say thats not how it came from the factory. and just ignor i have lowering suspension for the sake of this point lol

i dont thing it is standard even if you are using other nova parts because assuming you have a mk1 and have a mk2 dash that is a mod if you replaced it with another mk1 dash from another nova it would be standard

there has to be a cut of point as could i sell a car saying completely standard bar coilovers striped interior and xe engine

mowgli
29-01-09, 12:48 PM
also why do you hear people calling themselves half Jewish how can you be half a religion seems a bit strange

they have twoskins

bmw156
29-01-09, 12:48 PM
yeh i agree, i think standard shoudl be no mods at all, i think the term standard has been used and abused over time.

turbojolt
29-01-09, 12:51 PM
also what about people calling the car mint because there is only rust on one arch lol

for me mint is factory fresh

mowgli
29-01-09, 12:51 PM
but if the item is no longer available then a replacement item of a different spec is allowable..

turbojolt
29-01-09, 12:54 PM
but if the item is no longer available then a replacement item of a different spec is allowable..

how do you mean mate like gsi seats in a sr

mowgli
29-01-09, 12:57 PM
if for example, you own an mg-rover, then getting original parts is going to be a problem, or the car is above 10 years out of production & the manufacturer has no legal obligation to still sell the parts, then suitable aftermarket add ons are the only option.

turbojolt
29-01-09, 01:01 PM
if for example, you own an mg-rover, then getting original parts is going to be a problem, or the car is above 10 years out of production & the manufacturer has no legal obligation to still sell the parts, then suitable aftermarket add ons are the only option.

depends doesn't it i mean of course if its like a radiator hoses but not a full s/s exhaust or uprated shock absorbers if the parts are to original spec then i agree because they are not modifications they are just replacement parts

Sloth
29-01-09, 03:18 PM
hmmm, no offence tj, but take my cav, a head gasket kit is £67, unless you buy the cheap nasty ones off ebay. most of the parts are no longer available, hence why all the shell repair panels have been made. does that make it non std? i see your point but it kinda only applies to numptys selling bad chavved saxo's on ebay, rather than every car. i'm fitting a stainless zorst, not cos its "down wit da kids y0!" but because std ones dont exist.

turbojolt
29-01-09, 03:24 PM
no i sayed replacment parts are all good and well but people that state the car is standard apart from uprated suspension s/s exhaust induction kit thats just wrong it is no longer standard

turbojolt
29-01-09, 03:28 PM
i have seen alot of cosworth that say they are standard apart form a stage one chip and a s/s exhaust now how can they even use the word standard there

Andy
29-01-09, 03:29 PM
Ebay is a prime example of what we are talking about,it is just annoying now-95% of the users cannot spell properly or don't know the difference between bought and brought and every car is "mint" except the arches.They are also all standard except meccano spoiler drug dealer spinners and max power filter and 'zorst y0.
Standard in my eyes is at it left the factory.Any other changes are modifications.

turbojolt
29-01-09, 03:32 PM
Ebay is a prime example of what we are talking about,it is just annoying now-95% of the users cannot spell properly or don't know the difference between bought and brought and every car is "mint" except the arches.They are also all standard except meccano spoiler drug dealer spinners and max power filter and 'zorst y0.
Standard in my eyes is at it left the factory.Any other changes are modifications.

you do see alot of people on here trying to class there nova as mint in the for sale section and one look and you know there are not

Prey
29-01-09, 03:33 PM
I can let slip 99% of the stupid ****e ppl say when selling cars but the 'mint' (or similar) one really annoys me.

So im going to drive half way down the country to buy a car, not notice that its a shed and then everyone will be happy? why do these ppl insist on wasting everyones time....

Bah, now im annoyed.....

Jack
29-01-09, 03:35 PM
they have twoskins
So what if they're quarter jewish, quarter christian, quarter hindu and quarter buddhist?

snigger

mowgli
29-01-09, 03:36 PM
So what if they're quarter jewish, quarter christian, quarter hindu and quarter buddhist?

they get a free house & car from the state

Prey
29-01-09, 03:36 PM

snigger

If you were (hypothetically) christian and hindu wouldnt you have to kill yourself for disagreeing with your own religious views?

Sloth
29-01-09, 03:37 PM
haha! i know the feeling, i looked at 4 manta coupes before i got the cav and all wre rotten more than the cav. the manta a i looked at had more polyfilla than my bedroom wall!!! its one of them things, but 10 years ago, cars the age of a nova now, i.e 20 years old would have been scrapped not ebay'd.

Sloth
29-01-09, 03:38 PM
no prey as suicide is a religious crime too.....

turbojolt
29-01-09, 03:38 PM

snigger

then they would have a very busy week going to the mosque ,temple and church ect..

Sloth
29-01-09, 03:41 PM
wow, what a holy war that would be....... gaza would look like a primary school playground......

Prey
29-01-09, 03:44 PM
no prey as suicide is a religious crime too.....

Thats a serious dilemma, cant kill yourself - but must kill 1/4 of yourself for saying that your other 1/4 is doing it wrong....

turbojolt
29-01-09, 03:44 PM
and you knows whats really annoying and odd these phone calls i keep getting (cold calls) so when i answer i get a automated message telling me that they are to busy to answer right now and that i could cal them back later WTF

Southie
29-01-09, 03:45 PM
Do you like my new alloys. I think there MINT :roll:

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/mintalloys.jpg

turbojolt
29-01-09, 03:46 PM
Thats a serious dilemma, cant kill yourself - but must kill 1/4 of yourself for saying that your other 1/4 is doing it wrong....

sorry I'm baffed here what religion are you on about as far as I'm aware no religion condones murder or suicide

Prey
29-01-09, 03:51 PM
sorry I'm baffed here what religion are you on about as far as I'm aware no religion condones murder or suicide

I really dont know much about any religion tbh (i tend to ignore them) but from the amount of religious wars/murdering etc that goes on in the name of religion id say most of them.

I think its only buddhism that actually says 'no violence' under any circumstances isnt it?

ha ha at polo wheels - now thats random....

kelbelle
29-01-09, 03:54 PM
Well islam condones Jihad - fighting for your religion which normally involves killing so I guess some do kinda

Sloth
29-01-09, 03:57 PM
http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp138/sloth_mk1_cav/r2d2-pimp-laundry.jpg

thats random......

Southie
29-01-09, 04:10 PM
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/1186881366723.jpg

Sloth
29-01-09, 04:15 PM
hahahahahaha brill matey!

Southie
29-01-09, 04:34 PM
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/cockman.jpg

Jack
29-01-09, 04:35 PM
Well islam condones Jihad - fighting for your religion which normally involves killing so I guess some do kinda
You need to read up on religion, its a blinkered view about religion = war that causes problems.

Jihad bil Saif is the only form of Jihad that condones fighting, and even then its only allowed against non-Muslims and has a very very strict set of combat rules.

turbojolt
29-01-09, 04:41 PM
You need to read up on religion, its a blinkered view about religion = war that causes problems.

Jihad bil SAYF is the only form of Jihad that condones fighting, and even then its only allowed against non-Muslims and has a very very strict set of combat rules.

jihad bil sayf isn't one of there main rules that they can not enunciate violence they can only retaliate

J4MES
29-01-09, 07:34 PM

Jihad bil Saif is the only form of Jihad that condones fighting, and even then its only allowed against non-Muslims and has a very very strict set of combat rules.

Finally some sense:tard:

Im not religious and I believe it causes a lot of problems but people's views on any of them are so blinkered!

Sloth
29-01-09, 07:48 PM
shoot em all and let god/khrishna/moses/allah/jehovah, etc sort em out!!!

Stuart
29-01-09, 08:50 PM
ahem

Sloth
29-01-09, 09:05 PM
what????

Stuart
29-01-09, 09:14 PM
go on, get offended :p

religious discussion on forums (especially ones where folks know less than they should) tend to end in tears... thats all

Sloth
29-01-09, 09:25 PM
mate no offence meant or recieved by your comment. i understand that but its been sensible upto now...

Stuart
29-01-09, 09:29 PM
indeed. But all it takes is one retard to spoil the party ;)

Sloth
29-01-09, 10:03 PM
yup. so change of subject? lol

Jack
29-01-09, 10:03 PM
indeed. But all it takes is one retard to spoil the party ;)
And in a club which has more than its fair share of them, the odds aren't good lol

Benn
29-01-09, 10:05 PM
People do it on here tho, "of yeah i'd have a standard silky gsi... Lowerd with speedlines"

And funk me, if you had to kill your self for doing something wrong in religion, then most god fearing christians would have had to do it years ago.
Even read the bible? Its controdics it self every 3-4 pages. Conts all of them.

Andy
29-01-09, 10:06 PM
Any religious discussion ends with trouble lol has done for hundreds of years

Benn
29-01-09, 10:15 PM
Any religious discussion ends with trouble lol has done for hundreds of years

No it ends in war.

Andy
29-01-09, 10:20 PM
That was what i meant

Leeboo
30-01-09, 10:25 AM
how can people sell the car saying completely standard apart from a s/s exhaust, alloys and air filter doesn't that go against the whole being completely standard statement

Erm because it is standard apart from those mods. They are saying, the car itself hasn't had any irreversible mods. E.g. you see a mint GTE coming up with a S/S cat back system, panel filter and some alloys. Its fairly original and be put back to standard easily.

Post #5, well thats crossing the line isn't it.

Not having a go, but thats how I see it

turbojolt
30-01-09, 10:55 AM
No it ends in war.

can you name a modern war that started due to religion as i always thourght wars were more about land

Jack
30-01-09, 12:21 PM
Yup, and people usually want the land because they think its their divine right to live there. Current example, the Gaza strip.

Most current open warfare is in the middle east and surrounding areas, which are down to religious differences which go back thousands of years.

Religion doesn't cause war (find me a line in the Bible/Qu'ran/Tanakh etc that says "thou shalt blow up thy neighbour"), its people's interpretation of its teachings that is the problem. As well as certain people using it as an excuse to wage war (see: Hitler vs the Jews).

mowgli
30-01-09, 12:59 PM
can you name a modern war that started due to religion as i always thought wars were more about land

the six day war.
the gulf wars I & II allegedly.....
kosovo
afghanistan
bosnia
iran/iraq...
everything in beirut/gaza/syria
the whole northern ireland thing
the start of WW2 in Europe was fueled by the persecution of the european jews

to name a few

L14MNP
30-01-09, 01:03 PM
Gazza football strip surely Jack? lol
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_01/gazzaDM_468x682.jpg
Religion is the route of all evil. So many wars over this fictional crap. It's hard to comprehend IMO.

Jack
30-01-09, 01:08 PM
Religion is the route of all evil.
You're confusing that with women.

I shall explain the theorem. Learning hats on please.

http://evengethenewera.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/evil-women_med.199164700_std.jpg

L14MNP
30-01-09, 01:12 PM
Haven't seen that for ages! So true lol

Sloth
30-01-09, 03:27 PM
excelllent thats off on facebook to piss my mates off of the female disposition....

Benn
30-01-09, 08:16 PM
can you name a modern war that started due to religion as i always thourght wars were more about land

What going on in Afganaistin. Israel v Gaza.

Do i really to carry on?