PDA

View Full Version : I Hate My Moped

bmw156
28-01-09, 04:16 PM
i actually hate my moped.

stupid peugeot speedfight. the ****ing kickstart has gone 3 times.

now fitting it and it doesnt bloody move right, and i have just fooked one of the circlips

well pissed of and all the dealers say is it the operators fault as im not "doing" it right.

i need my bike to start im not gonna pussy foot the ****ing thing am i.

now off to halfords to buy a circlip and some oil for my other bike.
honda cd200, over 35 years old and still runs

I HATE NEW vechiles

rant over

p.s, its a 100cc

Welsh Dan
28-01-09, 04:25 PM
Your anger is misdirected towards new vehicles. Direct it at french ones :thumb:.

Sloth
28-01-09, 04:26 PM
indeed, id burn it and claim.......

draper
28-01-09, 04:27 PM
indeed, id burn it and claim.......

**** doesnt burn, it just leaves a bad smell

Steve
28-01-09, 04:28 PM
has the electric start gone as well then? I guess so as its french.

draper
28-01-09, 04:31 PM
did you get a white flag under the seat ?

mowgli
28-01-09, 04:43 PM
did you get a white flag under the seat ?

it has a cheese box & a beret holder

bmw156
28-01-09, 05:15 PM
yeh the electric start isnt up to much, just tries and tries and then fails
so i always prime it so to speak with the kick start and then get it on the electric

and yeh it came with all the above.

Dan
28-01-09, 05:18 PM
you need to get that moped tarted up and sell it to rexy, he's a sucker for dodgy french crap :thumb:

Sloth
28-01-09, 05:28 PM
roflmfao!!! yeh he'll have it off ya like that!!!! tried a drill on the crank....?

kc_08
28-01-09, 05:34 PM
ah mate, shame there quite nice moped's :( just got an aprilia sr125. not the rs geared version, scream the tits off it everywhere. and she has'nt failed on me yet ;) but top end is 75 and it gets rather pants lol

brainsnova
28-01-09, 05:57 PM
ditch the moped and buy a scooter. lambretta and vespa are the best :thumb:

Sloth
28-01-09, 06:02 PM
psh get a bubble car for uber koolness! google isetta....

bmw156
28-01-09, 06:05 PM
i only use it for college for quick jumping around town, and its free parking so its all good when it works.

and sloth you said about prill on crank, pm me details lol

brainsnova
28-01-09, 06:06 PM
my mate got a lambretta sx200 in 1996 for £130 and restored is worth 5k+ lol

Mikey_J
28-01-09, 07:28 PM
Dont suppose its a speedfight 1 and its water cooled? Ive got a leo vinci exhaust you could have for not alot of cash and im in Ipswich!

Lee
28-01-09, 09:46 PM
you need to get that moped tarted up and sell it to rexy, he's a sucker for dodgy french crap :thumb:

Rexy would properly fcuk the poor thing up though. Kick start probs would be the least of his worries lol

bmw156
28-01-09, 09:48 PM
Dont suppose its a speedfight 1 and its water cooled? Ive got a leo vinci exhaust you could have for not alot of cash and im in Ipswich!

nah thanks mate i already have a sport exhaust on it atm. goes liek **** of a shovel for a ped:)

and i just want the bugger to work lol, gonna take it to the dealers tomor and see if the kickstart is all togetehr right, the two gears shoudl be niclely snug, and they arnt, i think theyu have given me the wrong one

MattBrown
28-01-09, 10:14 PM
Shouldn't it be electric start aswell?

If it has gone 3 times there is/you are something wrong!

meritlover
28-01-09, 10:14 PM
i still like your moped ;)

DW-Nova
28-01-09, 10:16 PM
Ditch the ped and get something with gears mate !! when i was 16 there was 3 of us with geared bike's i had a Derbi senda SM my mate had an Aprilia RS 50 and another kiddy had a Rieju RS2 matrix, the rest had twist and go's and we always blew them away, i had an 80cc kit on mine, drilled jet and Leo vinci exhaust, saw 75mph on her !!

mowgli
28-01-09, 10:33 PM
saw 75mph on her !!

yeah, it is on the top right hand side of the speedo.......

Andy
28-01-09, 10:37 PM
yeah, it is on the top right hand side of the speedo.......
lol I was waiting for the schoolboy speeds to come back on this thread-
"i had a carlos vandango 66cc kit on my Honda 50,it wheelyd through the gears up to 80mph" lol

DW-Nova
28-01-09, 10:53 PM
Ha ha yeh that was the one and only main aim at 16 lol, whoever had the highest speed was "the man" ha, i honestly did have 75mph though, 5mph more than my mates RS 50 i'll let you know !! well until i ran out of petrol, i remember putting in like £3 at the most, i once remember putting in 70p's worth ha .

Benn
28-01-09, 11:25 PM

lol lol lol Thats so true!

bmw156
29-01-09, 01:09 AM
about getting a geared bike, i used to have a 600 bandit, but sold ti as i had the nova dn moped so it had to go.

and i have just invested in an old 1981 honda CD200 which im gonna restore and then ride.

just need the ped to work atm lol

turbojolt
29-01-09, 10:44 AM
i actually hate my moped.

stupid peugeot speedfight. the ****ing kickstart has gone 3 times.

now fitting it and it doesnt bloody move right, and i have just fooked one of the circlips

well pissed of and all the dealers say is it the operators fault as im not "doing" it right.

i need my bike to start im not gonna pussy foot the ****ing thing am i.

now off to halfords to buy a circlip and some oil for my other bike.
honda cd200, over 35 years old and still runs

I HATE NEW vechiles

rant over

p.s, its a 100cc

i had a pug speed fight 100cc and the kicks always go on them because of the quality of the metal used i was told there is no point replacing them which means you can only use the elec start and as you properly know is not ideal

i do remember reading about some one designing a new kick gear i have a look and see if i can find it

dj_wudgey
29-01-09, 12:17 PM
I HATE NEW vechiles

i agree matey i hate new vehicles but then i also hate bikes!!

bmw156
29-01-09, 12:38 PM
new vehicles just have way to many comfort options and that means more things to go wrong.

and bikes rule. its just easier to kill your self on them.

dj_wudgey
29-01-09, 12:50 PM
bikes are **** mate i hate the controlls and been sat like that me!! dont get me wrong i LOVE going fast im obsessed with that but i dont get the same sattisfaction when on bikes cornering so forth!!! and i supose ive been made to hate them after what happend to my aunties fella and my dads best mate!!!

but i dont supose anyone can understand how uninterested in them i am lol

bmw156
29-01-09, 01:00 PM
man the speed is just so much better then when your in a car, yeh in a car you have G force which you can feel more, but on a bike you just have the wind pushing you, and your holding on for dear life the adrenalin is super.

dont get me wrong i love my car as well. and i love the practbility of a car couldnt live with out it now, but everyone should get a bike license and experiance the thrill of a big bike.

dj_wudgey
29-01-09, 01:05 PM
get a bike license and experiance the thrill of a big bike.[/quote]

no way man im leethal enough in a car trust me i get enough adrenalin from my car when im smashing it down the twistys lol but as for the bike thing no way man i dont fancy having one arm or being brain damaged!!!

i know i could do this in my car especially the way i drive!! but as i said i know some one who just got knocked off and he's only got one arm now!!

edit been one the back off my uncles ducati 916 i know what going on a big bike feels like just just not botherd fooking hate the things lol

i like being sat in something!!

bmw156
01-02-09, 05:04 PM
lol only just saw above reply, well at least you been on that back thats enough of a thrill not being in control lol

and well the moped works now, fitted the new gears and used the dealers advice about starting it and unhappy to say it works, and pretty well at that.lol

a little less hatred now