PDA

View Full Version : Football

Paul
27-01-09, 08:43 PM
Who do you support?

Just out of interest really and why? Having a discussion at work today about glory hunters.

My view is, anyone who got into footy in the 90's supports Man Utd is a glory hunter (unless they live in Manchester), and anyone who got into footy in the 80's will support Liverpool?

Im a Yid, cause I was born and bred in Tottenham, and the old mans a Yid too!:thumb:

Paul

muzzy
27-01-09, 08:45 PM
Inverness Caledonian Thistle - Reason being from Inverness :thumb:

mowgli
27-01-09, 08:46 PM
I live halfway between leicester & coventry, thus I am into motorsport

marc novataken
27-01-09, 08:55 PM
the mighty AFC Bournemouth til i die, even got it tattoed on me arm (unfortunately sometimes lol) because i lived in bournemouth since birth

Talon
27-01-09, 10:14 PM
i couldnt give a toss who anyone supports.

theres always someone calling someone else a glory hunter, usually when your teams doing ****, and theres are doing well.

boyle_46
27-01-09, 10:16 PM
liverpool born and bred , my bro supports everton just to feck dad off thow lol , I wouldn't go down to the local to watch a match on the weekend as such id rather wash my nova lol

let_nova
27-01-09, 10:18 PM
kop through and through. even though im scottish.

srs1
27-01-09, 10:19 PM
i'm liverpool.

reason, well. there the best!

END OF!

hehehehehehe

Graeme
27-01-09, 10:21 PM
Liverpool fc, got there once last season and try and watch them when ever I can. My uncle and grandad are also 'reds' and I was born in 1980. Nearly everyone I know is a Utd fan though and I will admit it, comes second fiddle to novas

General Baxter
27-01-09, 10:22 PM
I live halfway between leicester & coventry, thus I am into motorsport

:thumb:

its when you got a box on the pit straight at Donny, you know you like sport, just need to rob the keys off my dad, which i had on the 7th December, shame the nova did not want to go lol

L14MNP
27-01-09, 10:25 PM
Sunderland AFC all the way!

3 points tonight too :D

draper
27-01-09, 10:26 PM

speeding ? using a mobile ? :p

mowgli
27-01-09, 10:26 PM

using your mobile was it????? or speeding?????

L14MNP
27-01-09, 10:30 PM
Roffle at the two identical hilarious replies.

let_nova
27-01-09, 10:30 PM
using your mobile was it????? or speeding?????

fail too slow

mowgli
27-01-09, 10:32 PM
fail too slow

its the thought that counts

Lee H
27-01-09, 10:41 PM
Manchester United, another great result tonight.

L14MNP
27-01-09, 10:45 PM
Aye ^ was listening to that! I have a lot of respect for Man United and Fergie. Looks like they're gonna do it again!

mowgli
27-01-09, 10:46 PM
Manchester United, another great result tonight.

I thought the baggies should wave the white flag before kick off, but to get stuffed like that must be demoralising

wilson_sri
27-01-09, 10:58 PM
Il stick to ice hockey.

L14MNP
27-01-09, 10:58 PM
Here's hoping SAFC turn the Mags over again this weekend! Oh how I'd love to see them go down. it's been on the cards for years, and never looked more likely lol

Simon 1867
27-01-09, 11:10 PM
Sheffield Wednesday for me, as me and dad are from there, i do follow Maidstone United as i have lived in maidstone for 20 odd years

L14MNP
27-01-09, 11:22 PM
Shame to see Wednesday in such a state :( When I was really young I liked the badge, so have always kept an eye on them and want them to beat the Blades lol

Simon 1867
27-01-09, 11:27 PM
^^ i know what you mean, big club like they are. im going to see the stee city derby, cmon owls

J4MES
27-01-09, 11:29 PM
Everton, always have ever since I can remember- must enjoy the drama!

Bet all you RS fans hate the sight of the legend that is King Cahill!!

ade
27-01-09, 11:29 PM
I used to love football - played as a goalie in a 5 a side team when living in Stafford. Followed the Wolves...

Then I moved to Glasgow.

I now I cant stand it! If its not the bickering between Rangers and Celtic fans its the fact that (nearly) every bloke in my office is a feckin pundit spouting such utter TOSH its unreal!

Everyones got to have an opinion. FFS its just a bunch of overpaid nancy boys kicking what was essentially a pigs bladder about!

You want a real sport - watch Cricket - that's where you need to be.

Really chilled, Really relaxing, a proper beer drinking game - watching blokes try and hit what is esseintally a high powered canon ball before it ruptures a part of their anatomy!

J4MES
27-01-09, 11:35 PM
Ade, try living in Newcastle!! Gonna be fun this Sunday.lol

Only decent cricket is 20/20, actually quite exciting! Tho Im sometimes drawn to test cricket on Sky- good background noise.

Asa-James
27-01-09, 11:59 PM
Man City, currently the most hated team in the world it would appear. i've been going to watch them for 10 years now, and to be honest. regardless of how much money is pumped into City, you's always garuanteed a complete pantomime season. and i wouldnt have it any other way!

L14MNP
28-01-09, 12:01 AM
Ade, try living in Newcastle!! Gonna be fun this Sunday lol

2-1? :p

J4MES
28-01-09, 12:02 AM
Dont hate Man City, because take overs like yours only end in tears... only Chelsea managed it- but thats cus they were the first.

J4MES
28-01-09, 12:02 AM
You boys should do them tbh, the barcodes are shocking!!

L14MNP
28-01-09, 12:07 AM
Hope and expect so mate! If the sell Given and Owen they're gonna be knackered too! Much like me, so goodnight all lol

Jack
28-01-09, 08:22 AM
Ivel Barbarians, even though the current main team is shocking.

They use their feet on balls, in a stomping fashion, so does that count? lol

Armchair supporter for Yeovil and Spurs though. Even though I stopped following football a few years back, just got bored of all the money being thrown about and the ladyboys who play it. I rank football up there with F1 and baseball as the most overrated "sports" in the world.

dj_wudgey
28-01-09, 11:32 AM
Man City, currently the most hated team in the world it would appear. i've been going to watch them for 10 years now, and to be honest. regardless of how much money is pumped into City, you's always garuanteed a complete pantomime season. and i wouldnt have it any other way!

muchos respect mate my familly are all city fans despite all being from yorkshire lol followed them all my life!!! but who cares if everyone hates us there only jealouse iff the money weve got!!!

edit we really dont want given i think hes fooking tosh me let newcastle keep him!!!
jo heart is allot beter than given!!!

BIGS
28-01-09, 11:39 AM
football is crap. its a bunch of over paid over acting faggots that fall over if a fly goes into them, and worry about what their hair looks like incase one bit might be out of place and wont look good on tv

marc novataken
28-01-09, 11:48 AM
football is crap. its a bunch of over paid over acting faggots that fall over if a fly goes into them, and worry about what their hair looks like incase one bit might be out of place and wont look good on tv
true to an extent in higher leagues, but lower leagues have a lot less of the cheating and you seem to still get some of the harder tackles like the old dayslol

Southie
28-01-09, 11:55 AM
true to an extent in higher leagues, but lower leagues have a lot less of the cheating and you seem to still get some of the harder tackles like the old dayslol

Only because Leeds Leeds Leeds are down there :D The biggest club to always sell the best players, and still pay them when they move.
It's like collecting a new Panini sticker album watching Leeds change the team so often lol

marc novataken
28-01-09, 11:58 AM
always love it when leeds roll into town, can really feel the hate in the air lol lol

Southie
28-01-09, 12:01 PM
always love it when leeds roll into town, can really feel the hate in the air lol lol

Nar not hate mate! Passion and love for the club and a few beers with our loving familys. Well sometimes :wtf: lol

dj_wudgey
28-01-09, 12:03 PM

yea every one hates dirty leeds lol

Southie
28-01-09, 12:14 PM
yea every one hates dirty leeds lol

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/316rigo.jpg

mmm dirty :D

L33 LEG
28-01-09, 12:54 PM
im a glory supporter, started supporting man united from as young as i can remember (early 90s). all my family where blackburn fans as thats where we live but i loved being the odd one out and seen as my fav players at the time played for united it made sense to support them. you could say i supported them cos they always won, but at that time rovers were doing well and even won the league but i still stuck with united.

i support them just as much now and never miss any football news and games even tho i dont actually go to see them live (mainly cos of the cost and i much prefer watching football on my tv). the biggest reason why i support them is because i enjoy the way they play the most, its as simple as that :)

dj_wudgey
28-01-09, 12:55 PM
yea shed get it allright!! after shes taken that top off lol

Southie
28-01-09, 12:57 PM
yea shed get it allright!! after shes taken that top off lol

If you don't like strongbow don't drink it lol

I mixed a couple of different ciders the other day. Strongbow and Woodpecker. I now have a Strongpecker lol

dj_wudgey
28-01-09, 01:02 PM
If you don't like strongbow don't drink it lol

I mixed a couple of different ciders the other day. Strongbow and Woodpecker. I now have a Strongpecker lol

pmsl strongpecker lol

mowgli
28-01-09, 01:15 PM
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/316rigo.jpg

imagine coming from behind in extra time

Southie
28-01-09, 01:16 PM
imagine coming from behind in extra time

Or knocking one in in the last second.

mowgli
28-01-09, 01:19 PM
Or knocking one in in the last second.

do you think the ref would blow for manhandling around the box????

Southie
28-01-09, 01:25 PM
do you think the ref would blow for manhandling around the box????

Depends if someone had slipped into the box? Maybe even gagging to take a penalty????

Andy
28-01-09, 01:26 PM
Hull City for me,i was born and bred in Hull so thats why,seeing them go up into the premiership was one of the greatest things i have experienced i was hammered in pub and it was excellent.
Dean Windass derserves a knighthood

mowgli
28-01-09, 01:27 PM
Hull City for me,i was born and bred in Hull so thats why,seeing them go up into the premiership was one of the greatest things i have experienced i was hammered in pub and it was excellent.
Dean Windass derserves a knighthood

it is also the only team in the league that you can't colour in, see below

HULL CITY FC..........

Southie
28-01-09, 01:44 PM
it is also the only team in the league that you can't colour in, see below

HULL CITY FC..........

Do you mean because all the letters are "open" unlike say the letter O :D

mowgli
28-01-09, 01:51 PM
Do you mean because all the letters are "open" unlike say the letter O :D

Christ, don't they allow colouring in up north??? is it still black & white up there??????

OF course I mean that.....

Southie
28-01-09, 01:55 PM
Christ, don't they allow colouring in up north??? is it still black & white up there??????

OF course I mean that.....

Just like your Avatar picture. Gray and old fashioned ey......... :p

mowgli
28-01-09, 01:57 PM
Just like your Avatar picture. Gray and old fashioned ey......... :p

yeah & that car has 650hp & was doing 160+mph whilst airborne in the picture, in 1930!!!!!

Southie
28-01-09, 01:59 PM
yeah & that car has 650hp & was doing 160+mph whilst airborne in the picture, in 1930!!!!!
1st Airbourne as in the planes? where are the wings???

Shaun_O'Donnell
28-01-09, 02:09 PM
Football bores me to death, don't see the point in it. Sorry.

mowgli
28-01-09, 02:14 PM
where are the wings???

there was a huge bump on the racing line at brooklands, only the truly brave went over it... none of the wheels are touching terra firma in that piccy, john cobb is a hero of mine

Southie
28-01-09, 02:17 PM
there was a huge bump on the racing line at brooklands, only the truly brave went over it... none of the wheels are touching terra firma in that piccy, john cobb is a hero of mine

Better than watching football ;)

Riggy
28-01-09, 02:48 PM
man utd here aswell , so do all my family,

but got into basketball bigtime well i was at school and played at quite a high level for a bit , untill i needed to work all the time , just became fat now lol

draper
28-01-09, 02:50 PM
man utd here aswell , so do all my family,

but got into basketball bigtime well i was at school and played at quite a high level for a bit , untill i needed to work all the time , just became fat now lol

i didnt think you were tall enough :p

raymond
28-01-09, 03:06 PM
im a blackburn rovers fan reason as im from blackburn

went for years till i passed my driving test lol

Cle
28-01-09, 05:41 PM
Rangers and Ross County :thumb:

Mike
28-01-09, 05:46 PM
Football?

Adam
28-01-09, 06:00 PM
Stokey here.
I hate Tottenham after lastnight :p, cheers for your texts Paul lol lol

Spudly
28-01-09, 06:31 PM
Imo football is shucking fite.....

Id rather lick my own anal leavings after a severe bout of dihorrea than be forced to endure watching it, and it annoys the tits off me that people think that because you dont like it then that automatically entitles them to give you abuse for it and that they all (see "all" read "everyone at my work") constantly going on about it, it drives me to tears especially when the other parts lad puts talksport radio on........
Makes me want to pull out the razor blades:mad::mad:

nathan.
28-01-09, 06:42 PM
I'm a Nottingham Forest fan, had a season ticket for the last 5 years.

:thumb:

Southie
28-01-09, 06:47 PM
Imo football is shucking fite.....

Id rather lick my own anal leavings after a severe bout of dihorrea than be forced to endure watching it, and it annoys the tits off me that people think that because you dont like it then that automatically entitles them to give you abuse for it and that they all (see "all" read "everyone at my work") constantly going on about it, it drives me to tears especially when the other parts lad puts talksport radio on........
Makes me want to pull out the razor blades:mad::mad:

Don't you like football then! lol

Spudly
28-01-09, 06:51 PM
Don't you like football then! lol

Not overly fond of it no, how did you guess lol

Pistol Pete
28-01-09, 07:37 PM
Not too fussed on football TBH. I will gladly go up the pub or crack open a few beers when England are playing mind, have to support the country and all that lol

Alot of the lads at work are football mad so i cant really get away from it!!

andyw1986
28-01-09, 07:52 PM
another stokey here roll on man city on saturday. no doubt robinho if he plays will get loads of stoke from the mighty brit crowd.

also hate tottenham after the defeat last night another team to add to the list. can see it being a long season

Paul
28-01-09, 08:29 PM
All these poor Stokies lol

Mike
28-01-09, 08:34 PM
A couple of years ago, during the misd's of an England Euro game, i was out on the drive welding up my old SR in complete peace & quite :D was lovely :D

7ova
28-01-09, 08:47 PM
Everton, always have ever since I can remember- must enjoy the drama!

Bet all you RS fans hate the sight of the legend that is King Cahill!!

once a blue always a blue :thumb:
do you get to many games?
i got over to see them win hull
the other weekend :D

smcgsi16v
28-01-09, 08:48 PM
Portsmouth here.

Supported them ever since they lost out to automatic promotion the premier league by 1 goal, the first year it started. And so I totally hate WHFC because of it.

I do follow/keep an eye on Brentford because thats where my family is from.

Jim
28-01-09, 09:52 PM
Funny how many people appear to hate football yet have taken an inerest in this post ;) :p

I'm a Man Utd fan. My older brother got me into them. My first real memory was when they won the F.A Cup in 1985.

nathan.
28-01-09, 10:00 PM
Funny how many people appear to hate football yet have taken an inerest in this post ;) :p

Exactly what i thought.

Lee
28-01-09, 10:11 PM
SUpported Reading as soon as I learnt what football was! Went off it pretty quick though, the whole game is a joke IMO

If it stopped being about the money and was about the passion again, It might be a bit more watchable. Rooney showed what the modern game was like. He was Everton through and through as a kid, went through the youth team and ended up living his childhood dream playing for his beloved Everton. Then Fergie waved a cheque under his nose, and he buggered off quicker than a toilet stop in rattlesnake country.

Then there's Ashley Cole, who revealed how discusted he was at a £10K a week wage increase, stating it was a piss take.

I watch the National games, but TBH you can tell how uninterested the players are when they're not paid as much. They'd rather be back home getting goal bonuses.

When you look at it, all sport is pretty dire at the moment. Cant think of one thing that makes me want to watch it.

Andy
28-01-09, 10:22 PM
SUpported Reading as soon as I learnt what football was! Went off it pretty quick though, the whole game is a joke IMO

If it stopped being about the money and was about the passion again, It might be a bit more watchable. Rooney showed what the modern game was like. He was Everton through and through as a kid, went through the youth team and ended up living his childhood dream playing for his beloved Everton. Then Fergie waved a cheque under his nose, and he buggered off quicker than a toilet stop in rattlesnake country.

Then there's Ashley Cole, who revealed how discusted he was at a £10K a week wage increase, stating it was a piss take.

I watch the National games, but TBH you can tell how uninterested the players are when they're not paid as much. They'd rather be back home getting goal bonuses.

When you look at it, all sport is pretty dire at the moment. Cant think of one thing that makes me want to watch it. Totally agree,there is far too much money involved.They are overpaid mamby pamby fannies,but i'll always watch it.
Money talks,Rooney received death threats as he grew up in Liverpool and went Manc.That is a very bad thing to do round there to say the least.It disgusts me to see how much they get paid,Kaka been offered £500k per WEEK to play for Man City-nobody is worth that much.The country is in economical crisis and them arsholes are being paid all that money:mad: Which to compensate for those massive wage bills,gate prices go up and prevent the fans going to watch these games as they cant afford it

CP
28-01-09, 10:50 PM

When you look at it, all sport is pretty dire at the moment. Cant think of one thing that makes me want to watch it.

I have to say Lee that I have to disagree with just about everything you said there.( i agree about Ashley Cole- he's a cock)

I think that rooney is a good role model who has shown that it is possible to drag yourself out of the gutter and make it to the top. If you think that leaving Everton (they were very well compensated - many clubs rear young players and make good money selling them) to go to the most successful club in the world in the best league in the world was some kind of sell out is stupid. He's clearly matured into a world class player which he would'nt have done at Everton. He could easily have been another Joey Barton.

And what about the olympics? What about Lewis Hamilton? What about Joe Calzaghe? What about Will Hoy? I cant remember such a successful time for us across a broad range of sports. Ok our national football team is doing as well as we would like to think it could do but I dont think you can fault the commitment of England players in serious games

I think we are well served by sport in this country. It serves an important role for many millions.

So ner:p

PS i get to go to Old Trafford to see the Utd about twice a year. Saw them stuff Chelsea 3-0 a couple of weeks back. It was great- Boo Hoo! John Terrylol

Lee
28-01-09, 11:24 PM
I have to say Lee that I have to disagree with just about everything you said there.( i agree about Ashley Cole- he's a cock)

I think that rooney is a good role model who has shown that it is possible to drag yourself out of the gutter and make it to the top. If you think that leaving Everton (they were very well compensated - many clubs rear young players and make good money selling them) to go to the most successful club in the world in the best league in the world was some kind of sell out is stupid. He's clearly matured into a world class player which he would'nt have done at Everton. He could easily have been another Joey Barton.

And what about the olympics? What about Lewis Hamilton? What about Joe Calzaghe? What about Will Hoy? I cant remember such a successful time for us across a broad range of sports. Ok our national football team is doing as well as we would like to think it could do but I dont think you can fault the commitment of England players in serious games

I think we are well served by sport in this country. It serves an important role for many millions.

So ner:p

PS i get to go to Old Trafford to see the Utd about twice a year. Saw them stuff Chelsea 3-0 a couple of weeks back. It was great- Boo Hoo! John Terrylol

TBH Charles using the players themselves is a bad example, i was really just pointing out that Money plays too big a part in sport and tends to ruin it. Andy made an excellent point. The country's completely f*cked, but the money these nancy boys are being paid could have got us out of recession 3 times over by now. Still the poor beggers who have just lost their jobs pay to go and see them kick a pigs bladder about, despite the inflated gate prices. And you say im being 'stupid???'

You mention Lewis, i agree, great achievement, but now he's won, all the bullsh*t politics throughout the year seems to have been forgotton. Was one of the worst seasons for F1 IMO, Lewis winning just took the edge off.

Calzaghe?, agreed, but then how much is a boxer paid in relation to a footballer? and the olympics I totally concur there, but thats not surprising, as theyre not paid at all!!!!!!!!!

I rest my case.

J4MES
29-01-09, 12:24 AM
once a blue always a blue :thumb:
do you get to many games?
i got over to see them win hull
the other weekend :D

Good to see another Blue on here!!:thumb:

Get to about 1 or 2 home games and 3 or 4 away games (Note to self stop going to Fulham- always a loss!)

Was at the 2:2 draw with Newcastle, when we battered them then went to sleep a minute before HT- was gutted as the girlfriend is a Toon fan, ruined a perfectly good weekend in Liverpool!!lol

With Rooney the main problem was that after he moved and returned with Man Utd, he kissed the badge after scoring, he's a class-less charv. And because he left we know have a much better team.:thumb:

Paul
29-01-09, 12:30 PM

Exactly what I was thinking!

There's no getting away from the fact that football is he biggest sport in this country and the most followed.

To me I dont care how much a player is getting pais, as thats how the sport now is. If you cant beat em, join em'.

turbojolt
29-01-09, 12:33 PM
Who do you support?

Just out of interest really and why? Having a discussion at work today about glory hunters.

My view is, anyone who got into footy in the 90's supports Man Utd is a glory hunter (unless they live in Manchester), and anyone who got into footy in the 80's will support Liverpool?

Im a Yid, cause I was born and bred in Tottenham, and the old mans a Yid too!:thumb:

Paul

I'm a yido but I'm getting increasingly bored of football now

Paul
29-01-09, 12:35 PM
I'm a tido but I'm getting increasingly bored of football now

tido, assume is a typo for yido?

turbojolt
29-01-09, 12:38 PM
tido, assume is a typo for yido?

assumed correctly lol

Paul
29-01-09, 07:24 PM
+ rep for being a yid :)

turbojolt
29-01-09, 07:33 PM
+ rep for being a yid :)

thanks seems as I'm from tottenham its hard not to be a yid lol, and seems as i have this natural hatred for most arsenal supporter it seemed like the only choice