PDA

View Full Version : Bike carbs on a 1.3sr?

Mcgowan
27-01-09, 02:50 AM
Hey does anyone know what bike carbs would go on a 1.3sr? i've been told R1's would be too big but otherwise i haven't got a clue. also where could i get a manifold made to fit them and would it be any quicker than twin 40s???

Sloth
27-01-09, 03:26 AM
for a manifold, google bogg bros, near malton yorks. for ides and pics look in the projects section for "£100 nova build" hes got a 1.2 on em. id say either gsxr600, gsxr 1000, or blackbird carbs. r1's are pricey and crap imho, as they have serious flaws. last thing, what other mods are you doing to the engine?

Mcgowan
27-01-09, 04:09 AM
nothin else at the mo jus wonderin whats posssible

meritlover
27-01-09, 04:58 AM
anything is possible if you set your mind to it and reach for that star.
focus your mind and if you are not limited by your imagination then the world is your nova.
if you have the passion, anything can be achieved. ;)

ade
27-01-09, 08:49 AM
anything is possible if you set your mind to it and reach for that star.
focus your mind and if you are not limited by your imagination then the world is your nova.
if you have the passion, anything can be achieved. ;)

lol - Another classic Meritlover quote! all hail Meritlover!

stuartyj21
27-01-09, 08:54 AM
^^^^lollollollol

garyc
27-01-09, 12:18 PM
Why not avoid all the bother and put twin 40's on. All the settings are already documented on the nova sport.

turbojolt
27-01-09, 12:28 PM
Why not avoid all the bother and put twin 40's on. All the settings are already documented on the nova sport.

because bike carbs are suppose to be easier to maintain as they are not as old, and people say the small extra cost is worth it as you will spend loads rebuilding a pair of old webers

edit... also bike carbs sound better imo

draper
27-01-09, 12:30 PM
and r1 carbs are cheaper to buy in the outset
tbh there still so much uncharted waters the only way you'll find anything out is to try them out yourself (and report back here)

Southie
27-01-09, 12:35 PM
I had r1 bike carbs on my old sr engine for over a year and they never needed re setting back up once done properly. I ended up taking the nova to a rolling road for bikes.

On the manifold the guy ended up drilling a extra hole in each part which attached to the carbs, to basically make sure each was responding the same for fueling.

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/IMG_0030.jpg

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/MYBIKECARBS.jpg

tom reid
27-01-09, 04:23 PM
Hey does anyone know what bike carbs would go on a 1.3sr? i've been told R1's would be too big but otherwise i haven't got a clue. also where could i get a manifold made to fit them and would it be any quicker than twin 40s???

R1's are not too big, I wish I knew where this myth started!, they will be fine on your engine, they just have to be tuned to your engine, the same as any other carb.
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106518&highlight=pound+nova

Have a look here.

Mcgowan
27-01-09, 05:06 PM
Novabikecarbed:- who made the manifold an set them up for you? also how much did it cost??

Mcgowan
27-01-09, 05:13 PM
R1's are not too big, I wish I knew where this myth started!, they will be fine on your engine, they just have to be tuned to your engine, the same as any other carb.
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106518&highlight=pound+nova

Have a look here.Thats awesome did you build that manifold and set them up yourself??

Southie
27-01-09, 05:35 PM
Novabikecarbed:- who made the manifold an set them up for you? also how much did it cost??

Originally made and setup by bogg bros for £700 about 4 years ago. I later got them reset back up as they never seemed quite right by a company called daytuner. They used to be up the road from me but have since moved to new premises.

tom reid
27-01-09, 05:46 PM
Thats awesome did you build that manifold and set them up yourself??

I get the manifolds made - 179.00 posted, i then modify the alternator bracket, make choke and throttle cables, move temp sensor and fit water pipe to manifold, fit up and tune, easy when you know howlol

maccas
28-01-09, 10:14 PM
the reason someone drilled into each branch of the inlet manifold is so that the throttle butterflies can be synchronized with each other using a carb balancer (compares vacuum pressure in each inlet tract) most motorbikes already have these holes so they can be set at service intervals etc.

maccas