PDA

View Full Version : f20 diff modds

inushmiah
26-01-09, 08:49 PM
im currently using a standerd f20 when my new f20 comes threw the letterbox im going to buy the qualify lsd
so my m8 tells me you can weld the standerd diffs up 100% drive lol has any 1 done this my current gearbox is nearring its grave so want to kill it
ps
god loves u all

Adam
26-01-09, 08:54 PM
If you only want to drive in a straight line, do it......

Sloth
26-01-09, 09:01 PM
as adam says, youll kill ya self not the box.....

Adam
26-01-09, 09:03 PM
You can turn, just one wheel will be dragging/jumping about as it has to turn at the same speed as the opposite wheel lol

Dar
26-01-09, 09:08 PM
Yes you can weld up the diff. I don't think you will harm the gearbox doing it though. Just make a useful diff useless.

inushmiah
26-01-09, 10:37 PM
lol thanks for the info guys qualify lsd it is then

inushmiah
28-01-09, 12:05 PM
what ill do is get my m8 to weld it any way and see hw bad it is ill try to make a vid while turning lol its easy to remove the diff anyway so no big loss, just want to feel the launch (my lsd ant coming till next month) need to do somthing before then

mowgli
28-01-09, 01:26 PM
what ill do is get my m8 to weld it any way and see hw bad it is ill try to make a vid while turning lol its easy to remove the diff anyway so no big loss, just want to feel the launch (my lsd ant coming till next month) need to do somthing before then

save money & time, just rev it to about 3000rpm, then get the bit point of the clutch, then release it & press down a bit on the throttle. you get pretty much no wheelspin, and the car will accelerate very well. its called throttle control. an lsd is designed to give more grip on corners & uneven surfaces.

welding one up went out with black & white tellys

16v Nova Kev
28-01-09, 02:39 PM
qualify lsd are they new lol

mayhem
28-01-09, 03:09 PM
just want to feel the launch (my lsd ant coming till next month) need to do somthing before then

learn how to start lol

_JH_
28-01-09, 11:00 PM
do it

just up your rear brake bias and dab the middle pedal as you lift off into a bend

you seem intent on doing regardless of what anyone says

inushmiah
29-01-09, 10:01 AM
do it

just up your rear brake bias and dab the middle pedal as you lift off into a bend

you seem intent on doing regardless of what anyone says

yea thanks for advice m8