PDA

View Full Version : Scaring Cats?

Ash
26-01-09, 08:38 PM
Found out earlier we have a random cat living in my garage attic, seems to be wild. Unfortunalty when I scared it off earlier it knock over a load of paint which has destoryed a few parts :mad: It's getting in under the roof, where the wall isn't finished. To finish the wall is a bit of a mission atm, any quick fixes? Any sounds they don't like?

Jack
26-01-09, 08:39 PM
One of those plant water squirters... or flap about with a plastic carrier bag.

Don't you have a dog? Set that on it lol

Ricky G
26-01-09, 08:39 PM
shoot it :thumb:

Jack
26-01-09, 08:40 PM
shoot it :thumb:
LMFAO yes that might work too lol

Dar
26-01-09, 08:40 PM
Catch it and eat it.

bai1ey
26-01-09, 08:41 PM
i agree with ricky g

Emmy
26-01-09, 08:42 PM
I can understand what your saying but you shouldnt hurt it.

Ricky G
26-01-09, 08:44 PM
emmy, you wait till one jumps on your bonnet at night and scrathes the **** out of it. then you might just agree with me.

Asa-James
26-01-09, 08:45 PM
air rifle, or dog. if its wild, can you not get the rspce to remove it?

Sloth
26-01-09, 08:47 PM
id have it but im miles away. i fancy a challenge!

Emmy
26-01-09, 08:47 PM
yeah i do, I would try and get the rspca to take the cat instead :)

Ricky G
26-01-09, 08:48 PM
if you dont want to hurt it, catch it and spray it with the garden hose for a minute or two. i would happilly bet you wont see it again.

Emmy
26-01-09, 08:49 PM
Yeah or that, which wouldnt hurt the cat all that much.

brainsnova
26-01-09, 08:50 PM
or piss on it lol

Emmy
26-01-09, 08:51 PM
No brains lol

Ash
26-01-09, 08:52 PM
If my dog was allowed into that part of the garden then it would be very messy, I'd imagine...

Not really around in the day to catch/shoot/spray it and disappears at night. It doesn't come in when I'm in the garage, but I can't stay in there all day! lol Damn clever cats. Thought about a tarp, but the side where it can come in is roughly 25ft. Thats an expessive bit of tarp!
Just seen most of my interior is covered in matted fur now - I guess thats its day bed.

Dar what does cat taste like? chicken? lol

Ash
26-01-09, 08:56 PM
RSPCA is a good shout - will research. Not 100% sure it's wild mind. Does look pretty scruffy tho.

and no this isin't the fox/dog mix up! lol

Dar
26-01-09, 09:14 PM
Dar what does cat taste like? chicken? lol
Aye, exactly the same as a chinese chicken :thumb:
BBQ time?

Emmy
26-01-09, 09:19 PM
I would go with that option Ash, rspca will look after it and keep it safe so its not strolling around :thumb:

Asa-James
26-01-09, 09:28 PM
why are women always overly concerned about the welfare of animals they dont even know?

Sloth
26-01-09, 09:29 PM

Sloth
26-01-09, 09:30 PM
i now have an image of a cat in a suit and cane pimpin' along, strutting its funky stuff...... lol

Asa-James
26-01-09, 09:37 PM
may i ask why? or would it drag us all into your twisted and sordid little world?

let_nova
26-01-09, 10:20 PM
leave it food out.

mixed with rat poison..

ade
26-01-09, 11:00 PM
nasty!

Pikey Cats are class - take no sh1te and always come back for more.

Just board the fecking hole up or wedge stuff over it so it cant get in - it'll soon feck off somewhere else...thats the quickest option.

Zapping it with a hose wont work - 1 - you wont catch it - it'lkl claw you to death and 2 it will feck off initially but will come back because youre place is the only warm place the is.

And a cat wont scratch car paintwork - if knows the surface is smooth so wont dig them in.

Its just sheltering because its cold and your garage is easiest to get to. Give it some food and let it be - then call the RSPCA ot Cats protection League - they'll come out and rescue it.

Dar
26-01-09, 11:07 PM
And a cat wont scratch car paintwork - if knows the surface is smooth so wont dig them in.

They do if they engage the 4WD system. My next door neghbours cat was on the bonnet of my car and I shouted at it. The cat put it in to 4WD and wheelspins off of the bonnet leaving lots of scratches.

So now I talk nicley to the cat and gently move it off of my cars. Well to be honest I leave the bugger there.

Jack
26-01-09, 11:13 PM
My fat cat dented my alu bonnet :(

and no this isin't the fox/dog mix up! lol
LMFAO! Is this the "cat"?

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/staticfiles/NGS/Shared/StaticFiles/animals/images/primary/red-fox-sleeping.jpg

djbrowney
26-01-09, 11:31 PM
Found out earlier we have a random cat living in my garage attic, seems to be wild. Unfortunalty when I scared it off earlier it knock over a load of paint which has destoryed a few parts :mad: It's getting in under the roof, where the wall isn't finished. To finish the wall is a bit of a mission atm, any quick fixes? Any sounds they don't like?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Underground-Drainage/Oriented-Strand-Board/invt/110024

lol :thumb:

nova_saloon
26-01-09, 11:36 PM
do this... watch to the end it will probs work hehe http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=23Te7QAsH6w

philly
26-01-09, 11:37 PM
chicken wire or mesh the hole up thats cheap enough from b&q

dougie_boi
27-01-09, 12:04 AM
loads of pepper around the area where its getting in should sort it out they f*****g hate the stuff

Martin
27-01-09, 12:06 AM
Shall i bring the terriers round? mite be a Lynx.. if it is.. there rare.. and taste like popcorn

Martin
27-01-09, 12:07 AM
loads of pepper around the area where its getting in should sort it out they f*****g hate the stuff

did that were ther puppy was chewing.. ermm it likes pepper?:wtf: lol

Welsh Dan
27-01-09, 12:19 AM
How about one of those high pitched whining things (the electronic device, not a woman) that we cant hear but cats/dogs can?

Jack
27-01-09, 07:20 AM
How about one of those high pitched whining things (the electronic device, not a woman) that we cant hear but cats/dogs can?
Maplin sell they. Was considering getting one for dogs to p!ss off the neighbours mutts lol

Southie
27-01-09, 08:12 AM
Just get a bigger cat, or a can of deodorant and a lighter. That should get the beast :D

Martin
27-01-09, 09:18 AM

There ok.. but my old dog. used to run round in circles in a field trying to find the "noise" lol

Mazz
27-01-09, 10:24 AM
how's about putting a nice bowl of anti-freeze down for it!?

turbojolt
27-01-09, 11:27 AM

you want to borrow my air rifle

BIGS
27-01-09, 11:35 AM
Ive always found a air horn to work very well. or i put some food down and leave it. but put a load of chillie power in the food. they soon run off after that

jord4n
27-01-09, 12:04 PM
wire wool the hole up depending on size of course, stops rats. so should do the trick for cats.

jord

bmw156
27-01-09, 12:38 PM
some top quality answers, anti freeze for me i think.

or just board up the hole as suggested, just make sure the fooker is out first lol

kelbelle
27-01-09, 12:56 PM
Well I know you're supposed to put orange peel in your flower bed to stop cats ****ting in them. The smell is too strong for them or something.
So try lobbing some orange peel into the loft lol

L14MNP
27-01-09, 12:57 PM
Rig up a trip wire with a shotgun cartridge (minus the shot) lol

BIGS
27-01-09, 12:59 PM
Well I know you're supposed to put orange peel in your flower bed to stop cats ****ting in them. The smell is too strong for them or something.
So try lobbing some orange peel into the loft lol

Orange peel? what will that do. a load of holy more like it:thumb:

tony k
27-01-09, 01:22 PM
Rig up a trip wire with a shotgun cartridge (minus the shot) lol

or could do a simular one to this wire it to the mains and fry the f***** lol

sulphur
27-01-09, 01:34 PM
A clear bottle of water is supposed to keep cats away. They see the reflection of their own eyes in it, and see it as another cat so they piss off and avoid the confrontation. That's how I stop neighbours cats ****tin in my garden anyway. :thumb:

Martin
27-01-09, 02:58 PM
Lol at the orangepeel.. we did tht and the cat sat there lickin it

Mr.B
27-01-09, 03:26 PM
Tar and feather it, i'm sure it won't want to stay after that.

L14MNP
27-01-09, 03:48 PM
A clear bottle of water is supposed to keep cats away. They see the reflection of their own eyes in it, and see it as another cat so they piss off and avoid the confrontation. That's how I stop neighbours cats ****tin in my garden anyway. :thumb:
Lol Mirrors no good? Witchcraft! lol
Not so sure on the reflection thing myself lol. Otherwise they wouldn't keep going fishing in the rents pond!

Shaun_O'Donnell
27-01-09, 03:51 PM
As a cat lover please be kind to it. Clicky. (http://www.cats.org.uk/catcare/faq_environment.asp)

mayhem
27-01-09, 04:28 PM

i can put my cat in front of the mirror, she dont give a f*ck.

Ricky G
27-01-09, 05:51 PM
Zapping it with a hose wont work - 1 - you wont catch it - it'lkl claw you to death and 2 it will feck off initially but will come back because youre place is the only warm place the is.

well my good old grandad has a dog cage, caught a cat in there and gave it a good wash, cat never returned.
and as for not digging in it's claw's, i wash and polish my car when the weather is nice, therefore i get to see any scrathes and dents etc. and funnilly enough there is little scratches where it has jumped up on to my car. so i disagree.

kelbelle
27-01-09, 06:10 PM
Orange peel? what will that do. a load of holy more like it:thumb:

Well i thought it might smell it and not come in lol

No holly dont work. My neighbours planted a load in the little flower bed in our street to stop my cats pooing in it. I sat and pissed myself when I looked out my window to see my neighbour shouting at my cat. My cat had gingerly tiptoed into the holly and squatted down for a poo right in front of him oh pmsl lol

Sloth
27-01-09, 06:35 PM
haha i put kebab skewers into the border pointing out, the screams made it worth it........ lol