PDA

View Full Version : E16SE management etc, C16SE engine

MK999
26-01-09, 05:50 PM
Will the above work ok? I bought a C16SE to replace my damaged E16SE block, it was without management etc but I wasn't too worried because I have it all already, well I thought I did until I was looking around at differences between them on the forum and it seems theres more than just the management which is different on the 2 engines.

Also where is the engine code on these engines, as the C16SE I have has a dizzy on it which it apparently came with... so i'm not 100% that it's not an E16SE anyway ! (Which would make life easier in this case)

edit: The parts which are going to be combined, hopefully... are inlet/management/exhaust manifold E16SE, block, head and cam, bottom end C16SE. Reason for this is that the 'C16SE' i have is around half the mileage of the E16SE and I've already stripped one down to rebuild so I'd rather just be throwing it into the bay now (or well, next summer)

MK999
26-01-09, 06:21 PM
Just checked the engine code, thankfully it was still clear enough to read, what I have is actually another E16SE so the differences should be negligible hopefully :) Feel a bit silly posting up now !

Essex Kid
26-01-09, 06:26 PM
lol we all make mistakes

MK999
26-01-09, 06:29 PM
Well i was sold a 'C16SE' with a dizzy, as it had been run on carbs, no management etc, but then I read on an old thread here that it was near impossible to switch to dizzy from coil pack which had me confused, but it all works out for the better in the end, if this one turns out to have problems think I'm gonna give up though lol