PDA

View Full Version : help please !!!!! gear box problams

FB_evolutions
26-01-09, 01:52 PM
got a problam on one of my novas hoping someone can help

the car will not drive, but i can still select all gears with gear stick, drive shafts are fine had them both off and checked!
but when selected 1,2,3,4,5th the wheel will spin freely, but the other side doesnt move! but when its in reverse it works fine u can feel the tention and the oposit wheel rotates! the clutch feels asif its still there but when go to drive the car just revs!

any ideas would be great

Cheers

GDN16v
26-01-09, 05:24 PM
Drive shafts not fully pushed into the box!:confused:

Paul
26-01-09, 05:42 PM
will it move, roll along the floor if you push it?

MK999
26-01-09, 06:03 PM
When you say the opposite wheel rotates, do you mean they both do? As you say it works fine, for a minute I was thinking you get the same problem on the opposite side?

Nobby
26-01-09, 06:55 PM
my cav is exactly the same at th moment after ive just fitted and xe im hoping to sort it tommorow, i can put mine into gear and still push it lol :(

mills
26-01-09, 07:41 PM
did you check the clutch or pressure plate is not burnt out as mine was doing the same.

FB_evolutions
27-01-09, 04:56 PM
yeh when in reverse both wheels move, and it does role freely in 1,2,3,4,5th gear! its only reversethat works! rest of the time if cars jacked up and in any forward gear only the wheel ur turning spins!

drive shafts are both in propley!

mills & nobbyz let me kno if you fix your problam might be same thing

mowgli
27-01-09, 05:12 PM
knackered innards then.. get a new box

FB_evolutions
01-02-09, 06:32 PM
what boxes fit onto a 8v gsi?

Nobby
01-02-09, 06:36 PM
sorted my problem mate my shafst were a bitch to come out the box and i tried pulling the longer shaft out with the hub nut still on and it has popped the inner cv - roll the boot back and see whats happening inside i had a ball bearing hit me on the head ;)