PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell my Nova Sport?

Dyfirg
25-01-09, 07:43 PM
A bit of advice if possible.
I have a Nova Sport which I've had for 12 years now. It has sat in my garage under covers all that time and only done a few miles up the road every now and again.
I keep asking myself "should I let somebody else enjoy it or keep it for a few more years?" What u guys think, keep or sell? :confused:
Take it easy, I'm new to all this.

Benn
25-01-09, 07:46 PM
Drive it, show it, enjoy it.

No point keeping it hidden away.

let_nova
25-01-09, 07:48 PM
sell it to me.

wizzy
25-01-09, 07:49 PM
Drive it, show it, enjoy it.

No point keeping it hidden away.

i think the same why have a car and not drive it have a look at some of the projects on here they are all very nice yours could be the same :thumb:

Southie
25-01-09, 08:00 PM
Sell it to vaughan (sp sorry iPhones suck) he will love cherish and nurcher the sport like it's a new bornlol. Why did you store it so long though are you mental? What a sad state of affairs ( jealousy kicks in Argh) :D

mph
25-01-09, 08:03 PM
any pics of it, get MOT on it, summers coming, use it, show it, then see how u feel about selling

Dyfirg
25-01-09, 08:10 PM
I will have to get it out to get some pics of it, the only ones I have were taken by a non-digita camera when I finished it.
Been in garage for so long as I moved away with work for a while. It's in my parets garage, old git not too happy it's been there for so long!! having to think what to do with it.
Having 2 kids and a house to build is a factor too!!

Royston
25-01-09, 08:19 PM
As a Sport owner myself, the pleasure is using it no question;)

Weather permitting, I use her regularly, even to work and back, seeing peoples faces pondering whether a Sport has just passed them, although last years weather she didn't get out much:cry:

I am lucky enought to have 3 "hobby cars" 2 novas, the Sport, the 1.3 SR and a 3.5 Rover SD1 Vitesse V8. I always try to use them all in the warmer month from April 6to @October.

If your Sport doesn't bring a smile to your face everytime you take her out, then maybe you should consider letting her go, but I bet she does:D

Don't be shy, get her out in the open more often, make it your belated new year resolution;)

Southie
25-01-09, 08:23 PM
As a Sport owner myself, the pleasure is using it no question;)

Weather permitting, I use her regularly, even to work and back, seeing peoples faces pondering whether a Sport has just passed them, although last years weather she didn't get out much:cry:

I am lucky enought to have 3 "hobby cars" 2 novas, the Sport, the 1.3 SR and a 3.5 Rover SD1 Vitesse V8. I always try to use them all in the warmer month from April 6to @October.

If your Sport doesn't bring a smile to your face everytime you take her out, then maybe you should consider letting her go, but I bet she does:D

Don't be shy, get her out in the open more often, make it your belated new year resolution;)
:cry: you bloody tease. You can only drive one at once though lol

Royston
25-01-09, 08:29 PM
:cry: you bloody tease. You can only drive one at once though lol

Sorry;)

Southie
25-01-09, 08:33 PM
Sorry;)
I will let you off as you sold me some bumper stripes lol
Tractors ftw :thumb:

Dec16v
25-01-09, 09:45 PM
Get her to some shows matey, you'll soon get the bug back ;)

Dec

vaughanmc
25-01-09, 09:46 PM
Aye take it to some shows mate or PM about a price on it :)

I've been after one for a good while

Stuart
25-01-09, 10:14 PM
Its you car, do what the fcuk you want!!!!

who cares what a bunch of keyboard homos on a forum think

Dyfirg
25-01-09, 10:29 PM
What a sound piece of advice, straight to the point!!lol

I asked for advice, so I guess I'm the homo!lol :thumb:

nova_saloon
25-01-09, 10:45 PM
Hey nice to hear there is a another Nova sport hiding away. well i say keep its clean it up, if there is some rust on it treat it. But please enjoy it take it out. but not in the wet!!!

Novasport
25-01-09, 11:07 PM
Its you car, do what the fcuk you want!!!!

who cares what a bunch of keyboard homos on a forum think

Oh ignore him, its obviously that time of the month again!

Forums are here for advice and plenty of people will give it but its your decision at the end of the day. Only you know your circumstances and whether it is sensible to keep it or sell it.
I have to think to myself regularly whether to just sell up or keep building my Sport. I sold my original back it 2002 and regretted it and so I started building another back in 2004 but its ground to a bit of a halt, I wonder whether to cut my losses & cash in on all the rare stuff I have or finish and enjoy it.
Think carefully & do what you think is right.

Stuart
25-01-09, 11:12 PM

Forums are here for advice and plenty of people will give it but its your decision at the end of the day. Only you know your circumstances and whether it is sensible to keep it or sell it.
I have to think to myself regularly whether to just sell up or keep building my Sport. I sold my original back it 2002 and regretted it and so I started building another back in 2004 but its ground to a bit of a halt, I wonder whether to cut my losses & cash in on all the rare stuff I have or finish and enjoy it.
Think carefully & do what you think is right.

so in short you pussied about and eventually said what I did :p

trackdaynova
25-01-09, 11:16 PM
do what the fcuk you want!!!!

its your decision at the end of the dayboth saying the same thing, just in different ways :confused: lol

Novasport
25-01-09, 11:21 PM
both saying the same thing, just in different ways :confused: lol

I meant ignore his grumpy rantings

Novasport
25-01-09, 11:22 PM
so in short you pussied about and eventually said what I did :p

I did it in a sensible way, you did in your usual grumpy miserable old b*stard way. Obviously not getting much sleep are we!

Stuart
25-01-09, 11:28 PM
Getting loads of kip thanks :D

its not miserable.... it was to the point. Why waste time/bandwidth :p

Novasport
25-01-09, 11:46 PM
Well I have wasted a bit more of your time & bandwidth grumpylol

NOVA13SPORT
26-01-09, 09:26 AM
get some pictures up to we get a look at it.:thumb:
get it out and enjoy it :D
or send me photo's and a price if your selling;)

Cle
26-01-09, 11:34 AM
before you do anything else get pic up :) then sell it to vaughan :thumb:

_JH_
26-01-09, 01:32 PM
will you take £50...?

Southie
26-01-09, 01:47 PM
will you take £50...?

Yes :D That will do nicely please lol

vaughanmc
26-01-09, 04:27 PM
Here's the pics u emailed me mate, thought I'd upload them for you:
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g191/vaughanmc/1.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g191/vaughanmc/2.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g191/vaughanmc/GetAttachment.jpg
Now I'm really in love with it!!!

Sell it to me lol

EUROTURBO
26-01-09, 05:28 PM
nice car, if you really are divided then i would do one more year and sell it at the end of the season for someone else to enjoy....

Dyfirg
26-01-09, 06:34 PM
Cheers for that Vaughan. Hope u like it:thumb:

vaughanmc
26-01-09, 06:40 PM
Oh I do lol :D

brainsnova
26-01-09, 06:46 PM
id sell it to vaughan.

Graeme
26-01-09, 06:49 PM
I'm loving the Oscars, I also say sell it to Vaughan

vaughanmc
26-01-09, 07:42 PM
Why do you's say that ?

Novasport
26-01-09, 08:03 PM
I can see you in that Vaughan, get it bought.

vaughanmc
26-01-09, 08:15 PM
I can see me in it as well :D

Just depends how much the man wants in the end up and how much I could save up and also get for my red one

robbiers2000
26-01-09, 09:07 PM
pm sent

wilson_sri
26-01-09, 09:31 PM
I can see me in it as well :D

Just depends how much the man wants in the end up and how much I could save up and also get for my red one
Im going to outbid you on it. Then show up at F&M in it covered in pink stickers with a c20xe :thumb: lol

vaughanmc
26-01-09, 09:38 PM
lol VBH replica ?

Please don't though! lol

Dyfirg
27-01-09, 09:47 AM
For the ones who have PM me, I will get back to you, working 12hour shifts at the moment (next few days) so not much time:tard:

Cle
27-01-09, 10:28 AM
Go vaughan :thumb: :D

dj_wudgey
27-01-09, 11:56 AM
looks good dude you know you will regret selling it when its gone!!