PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Adjustment HELP

Rickardo
25-01-09, 07:12 PM
HELP.. i have a Nova with a Let in it..with a F20 box.. clutch cable snapped a few weeks ago. replaced it, no prob. the problem is i tried to alter it yesterday, i could hear rattling on the gearbox arm. when i alter it the clutch pedal is about 2" higher than the brake pedal. so i loosen it and its rattling it's head off again.. is there something i haven't done regarding the cable/pedal connection. the pedal moves both ways, up and down. not enough tension on it. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused:

brainsnova
25-01-09, 07:17 PM
what cable are you using? a let one or nova.

Rich
25-01-09, 07:23 PM
You know you adjust it gearbox end? What end is rattling?

Rickardo
25-01-09, 08:31 PM
i'm using a Nova GTE cable.. it sounds like its rattling on the gearbox arm, what the cable connects too. i have adjusted it by turning the black rubber on the cable.. there is a nut on the cable as well about 70mm down.. what is that for??

Nobby
25-01-09, 09:42 PM
to lock on the rubber adjuster so it doesnt move

Paul
26-01-09, 09:21 AM
the cable could be stretched....

craig green
26-01-09, 10:28 AM
Is the pedal spring located properly? It helps retain the cable & puts some tension into the cable which might stop the rattling.

I fooking hate clutch cables! I'd rathger strip my rear wheel bearings than have to mince about on my back under the dash in the dark....

Rickardo
26-01-09, 05:18 PM
i havent seen the spring at all.. i'll have to look tomorrow. it's just a pain half upside down in the dark looking at it.. thanks anyway.. thats tomorrow morning sorted then

Right found the spring. one end has a loop on it... where doe's that attach too?? doe's it go over the clutch cable?????????

Done it.. eventually. thanks for all your help..