PDA

View Full Version : Different 1.6 16v engines??

brian
15-12-02, 07:28 PM
as Dicko explained, the c16xe is the early Corsa GSi engine and from "94 on they used the x16xe which he said is the better to use with the mantzel box.
what i want to know is, what models of 1.6 16v are in Astras and Vectras?
is there other models of 16xe? :?

Dicko
15-12-02, 10:57 PM
its the x16xel is used on most astras and i wud think vectras, it produces less power than the x16xe, but il have to job my memory to remember why.

i think the only 2 things i would do with these engines is to run it almost standard with prehaps a chip/filter/exhaust, or to put throttle bodies on it.
i wouldnt go for a powerbox unless i was going to add DTA or similar ignition, but then you might aswell get TB's

not saying this hapens in every case but those powerboxes are really designed for uprated ecu/loom NOT standard vuaxhall stuff as the companies qoute!""

brian
15-12-02, 11:32 PM
i was planning on using a powerbox and gettin the ecu remapped but just presumed the box would give the extra hp on a standard engine. i will be using the standard injection most likely.

when you say the x16xel is less powerfull, have ya any idea what hp it is roughly? because over here Corsa GSi's are rare enough and there would be pleanty of Astra's and Vectra's in breaker yards.

Dicko
16-12-02, 12:12 AM
103bhp i think, it might be due to the different downpipe on the astra :-/

it still has plenty of torque, and with a filter/decat you would be looking at over 110bhp

brian
16-12-02, 06:28 PM
thats perfect. thanks dicko. :D