PDA

View Full Version : Good running shoes?

BIGS
23-01-09, 11:47 PM
Do anyone go running on here? I need help looking for a decent pair of trainers. the ones i got make my feet hert after 5 miles or so :( . I dont want to spend more then £100 really.

floydy13
24-01-09, 10:35 PM
dude why are you running? use your car!!! thats alot of fuel for£100! ha

BIGS
24-01-09, 10:38 PM
lol im training, im going in the raf in three months so have to be fit

Smurf-Xx
24-01-09, 11:22 PM
http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?cp=EUNS_KW_NS08_UK_Google_B&ref=http://www.google.co.uk&country=GB&lang_locale=en_GB#l=shop,pwp,c-300/f-4294967250/hf-787+791/t-Men's_Footwear/pn-1

Ash C
25-01-09, 05:26 PM
your best trying to find a proper running shop. I went to one in huddersfield (up and running) for mine and they put you on a tredmill there, and film your feet to see how your heel rolls. mine never hurt my feet and were 75 quid.

R1CH
25-01-09, 05:31 PM
your best trying to find a proper running shop. I went to one in huddersfield (up and running) for mine and they put you on a tredmill there, and film your feet to see how your heel rolls. mine never hurt my feet and were 75 quid.

:thumb:

Thats gonna be your best bet, also a decent pair of socks makes a difference as well.
I bought myself a pair of NewBalance about 6 month ago, think they were only about £60 - £70 (that was from their factory outlet tho).

BIGS
25-01-09, 07:33 PM
well i went into a proper running shop and he said to get asics. so im going back next week to see what ones to get.

Jack
25-01-09, 07:38 PM
Join the gym and get on the cross trainer

BIGS
25-01-09, 07:46 PM
lol ive been going to the gym for around four years. i run in the gym and crosscountry

Jack
25-01-09, 10:41 PM
Should be fit enough then :p

All the RAF guys I've met are fat b'stards, the cabin crew guy on the tristar back from Afghan could have balanced the in flight meals on his belly lol

Stuart
25-01-09, 10:45 PM
not that I run much (at all lol)

but a mate at work runs a lot and cant recomend Asics 2120 (or 2021)'s enough!!! I got a pair for £30 in a sale, so he went out and picked up 5 pairs lol

BIGS
25-01-09, 11:40 PM
lol 5 pairs i know they say when you find ones you like buy two pairs but three haha. Well ive just got to find the right pair of asics for me now. they all look to narrow tbh. but hopefully they do wider ones.

And Jack i probley am fit enough but because im going in as a fireman they said you need to be alot fitter for that them most of the other jobs in there.

jimbob-mcgrew
25-01-09, 11:57 PM
i was gonna reccomend a pair of the original reebok classic's.
there my favourite allrounder for anything sportwise & jogging (must be the original style with the studded soles tho). none of that wavey ice sole, whatever they call it, damn near broke my ass trying to run in those, bloody dangerous.

but as your going for cross country, mmmm, especially at this time a year its gonna be a bit sludgy, id reccomend some lightweight walking/military style boots with a high ankle that's laced to the top (for added ankle support - especially if your like me as ive snapped tendons and ligaments in my ankle and prety much cant run without that support).
i bought a pair of magnums myself for £70, theyve been thru allsorts and still in great nick, bloody comfy too.

all depends on the shape and arch of your foot tho i'd say, as everyones different, one pair for you probably wont suite someone else, and vice-versa for you.

slight edit^

BIGS
26-01-09, 12:04 AM
tbh any of the classics like reebox, nike, addias ect are no good. i cant fit into them they are far to narrow. Thats why i have etnies and dc's as normal ourdoor shoes because they are nice and wide.

BIGS
26-01-09, 12:05 AM
lol Ive just seen your avitar Stuart, thats a random one

jimbob-mcgrew
26-01-09, 12:09 AM
ah your a wideboy are ya, yeh m8 of mine has wide feet and dc's are the only shoes he buys for the same reason as u

Stuart
26-01-09, 12:13 AM
lol Ive just seen your avitar Stuart, thats a random one

My Puma Speed/Drift/Futurecats (cant remember what mine are) with Ambers Driftcats in there too :D

I tend to wear wide trainers for day to day stuff, but the Asics ones are fine as they sort of mold to your foot. velly comfy

BIGS
26-01-09, 12:21 AM
ideal they sound even better, but i used to have a pair of puma speedcat's very comfy but not for running as its sod all of foam in them.

BIGS
26-01-09, 12:23 AM
ah your a wideboy are ya, yeh m8 of mine has wide feet and dc's are the only shoes he buys for the same reason as u

Yea thats why i have them, plus if i could have narrow shoes it would look stupid in 11's. look like clown shoes lol

Stuart
26-01-09, 07:59 AM
ideal they sound even better, but i used to have a pair of puma speedcat's very comfy but not for running as its sod all of foam in them.

oh hell no, you cant run in them lol.
The driftcats are much better in the comfort stakes but still driving shoes as opposed to running ones