PDA

View Full Version : Brake and Suspension queries

MaxedSR
15-12-02, 12:32 PM
I just have two questions and was wondering if anyone could me.
Car: 1.3 SR

1. At the moment I have 15" OZ alloys on my nova and want to get some spax suspension but there only looks to be about 2-3cm between the rear arch and the wheel and the spax drop it 2cm so will I get rubbing if I don't do anything about the archs?

2. I have been to "Vaux Shop" in Witney and asking about brake upgrades and they said there was no point in going for a rear disc conversion unless it was for looks as it is to overpowering but would do it anyway at ?350 fitted with second hand discs. Anyway I was wondering all my brakes are standard at the minute and is it best to fit a rear disc conversion or just go bigger up front. Which is best for track days and are the rear discs too overpowering?

Thanks alot for your help!
Adam

Matt Finary
15-12-02, 12:48 PM
If I was you stick some 16v or V6 on the front and leave the rears because they can lock up easy. I am fitting rear disk to the flying machine but I am doing it for looks and I am fitting a brake bias valve, which I made for a quid :P .
As for lowering it, they prob will rub. just get the arches rolled. But what do I know I'm trying to fit 22's :lol:

Matt :)

Nova-Flair
15-12-02, 02:25 PM
hows the flying machine coming along n e way matt??

n e pics of her yet?

brian
15-12-02, 07:37 PM
as matt said the rear disks will lock up (as i find out often enough) unless you fit a bias in which case you bring them back down to drum power again.
the other option could be to fit much bigger "land grabbers" up front especially bigger calipers and then i presume the rear might be a bit less inclined to lock.

CP
15-12-02, 09:38 PM
I've got Astra rear calipers with Hi- Spec discs with Wilwood 4 pot dynalites with 280 Hi-Spec discs on the front. The rest of the braking is absolutely std. I dont have any problem with the rears locking up.

I think the secret is to have powerful multi pot brakes and discs up front which do nearly all the work.