PDA

View Full Version : racer or enthusiast???

Nova-Flair
15-12-02, 01:21 AM
just curious as to what the majority are on here.

i cant exactly have an opinion on this as i havent passed my test yet but i would think that i'll be an enthusiast mostly. well apart from when i first pass :twisted:

Anton
15-12-02, 10:07 AM
I'm an enthusiast racer :P

locky
15-12-02, 11:19 AM
More of an enthusiast!
I'v been into cars all my life, the whole family has, always loved the nova, hardly ever dis-respect other peoples cars, and i dont thrash it everywhere i go with a huge thud from the sub following me!
my car doesnt look a boyracer car either, i think u can tell who a boy racer is, and who an enthusiast is!

Nova-Flair
15-12-02, 11:57 AM
lmao @ anton..........trust you :roll:

dan16v
15-12-02, 12:39 PM
i think racers are fags, whats the point in ragging your car every where 99% of the time your driving on luck and could kill your self or more importantly some one else!. i do occasionaly boot my car but mainly on motorways when traffic is clear and is safe to do so :evil:

Matt Finary
15-12-02, 12:54 PM
There is no point in racing the fcuk out your car all the time. But from time to time it is good to blow out the cobwebs out :twisted: .

Matt :P

Anton
15-12-02, 01:10 PM
lmao @ nova flair

I don't race around town etc etc, but if on an open road and sum1s flashing and trying 2 give ur car anal from behind, u gotta race them aint ya :P

Nova-Flair
15-12-02, 01:27 PM
true true.

or do what i do......if they cant overtake you make sure u do 30mph to piss them off then when they can overtake u just foot it :D that'll teach the fcukers

Anton
15-12-02, 01:30 PM
another trick is- have one of your wiper jets aimed so it goes over the car (simple to do with needle) then keep washing ya windscreen, then the car behind keeps getting sprayed :lol: LMAO

Nova-Flair
15-12-02, 01:39 PM
LMFAO!!!! :lol: u eva done that???

i seen dave 'big pimpin' dickinson on MTV last nite i was in stitches just thought of him in that santa hat :lol:

carltoncrazy
15-12-02, 01:43 PM
ive never had the nova about 5000rpm,havent got the heart,
the carlton anther story,
il admit i give it shit when im pissed off,coz i get well stressed and my way of dealing with it.........................enjoy the red

Anton
15-12-02, 02:05 PM
lol, I have purchased a rubber david dickenson mask complete with grey mullet and shall be wearing that 2 the next meet :D

Ant :P

Slatter
15-12-02, 02:50 PM
Get twin 40's on your car. then tell me u wouldnt rag it.

5000rpm Lol 7000rmp +++

but when its a 1.3 you have to rag it a bit :roll:

Stroll on VALVER

Then ill put it through its paces :lol:

Chris LR
15-12-02, 03:57 PM
As my car is nearing the end of it's life.

Vauxhall Nova SR in 2nd Gear @ 6200rpm = 50mph

My trick that pisses people off doesn't involve speed, it's a simple case of parking too close in the car park, lol.

Jim
15-12-02, 04:20 PM
I'm definatley more of an enthusiast, but I enjoy put the car through it's paces on the odd occasion ;)

Jim

mikeoxford
15-12-02, 04:59 PM
ill be voting entusiast, but i agree there

when youve got 40s, you have to boot it now and again just to here the noise they make!

with 40s (and i guess ESPECIALLY when i get my perf. cam) its always the middle of the rev range to the end of the rev range thats the most fun, so long as your car is well looked after, them vaux OHC engines can take a fair amount of stick.

no i dont rag the tits off my car. but obviously EVERYONE boots it now and again.

remember on the way to MK down a dual carriageway just outta our town (coventry road - A45) i knew the speed limit was changing from temporary 40 - national 70.

idiot in saxo beside me, up my arse for miles in a single lane (roadworks).

i saw him in my mirror, creeping out when the contraflow finnished. dropped it down into third to get my revs well up - just accelerated clean away from him as he hadnt built his acceleration up.

RobIsGrt18
15-12-02, 05:55 PM
i wud say that there are cetain times to put ya foot down and other times when u have to be sensible!

........saying that the clio takes a battering, lol !!

?Marty?
16-12-02, 03:26 AM
I do what i do to a naked horny chick. Rag the fuck out of it. All the time.

?Marty?
16-12-02, 03:27 AM
Driving a car is very much like making love to a beautiful woman...

[despite what i posted above, i do both]

Nova1.6
16-12-02, 12:26 PM
mines a 1.2i and NOT fast enough, so say i wragg it around, but not doing power slides or anything, just justing all of each gear to gain speed. i like it when im at low speed coz the exhaust sounds at it's loudest!

d0gz_bollox
16-12-02, 02:30 PM
Im an enthusiast but I drive my car around at redline.

if it was bad to drive around at 6500rpm then vauxhall would of lowered the rev limiter to something safer.

Ben Ritchie
16-12-02, 03:48 PM
i would say i am an enthusiast driver that just cruises about in my car. i just love novas and when you get them looking how you want it then you dont nail it incase of crashing but who doesn't get the urge just to give the car cr@p if your on a motorway and its quiet. just buy a snooper to pick up the speed cameras and speed guns.

Nova-Flair
16-12-02, 04:13 PM

sure u dont wanna change ur name to swiss.marty? :lol:

Nova-Flair
16-12-02, 04:37 PM

sure u dont wanna change ur name to swiss.marty? :lol:

Aragorn
16-12-02, 09:17 PM
im with sheep dip on this

1.2i with a shitey 45bhp

weld the fit to the floor in 2nd gear until the clock says 45 then change

it does 70 in 3rd too

ive had it on the limiter once, in 2nd, and thats cos i was on the edge of grip, in the wet, coming off a roundabout and didnt want to lift off and change in fear of losing the back end.

tho i tend to drive at about 5mph over the speed limit in most cases

i dont rag it round housing schemes n shit only up nice open roads / motorways / dual carrigeways

mikeoxford
16-12-02, 10:36 PM
is there a rev limiter on cars? i thought only the gte and gsi had an actual limiter?

what does stop you maxxing your car and the engine going back? or ent the nothing?

Aragorn
16-12-02, 10:47 PM
all injection cars have limiters and since its a 1.2i it has a limiter

carbs will just rev till summat lets go, like the rod bolts :o

6000rpm iirc is the limit on teh GM Injection system (SPi)

Nova1.6
17-12-02, 01:33 AM
yep ym baby has a rev limiter, and since de cat when im stationary and rev it and let go it comes down nicely witha few pops and bangs at the end, havent hit the limiter with my de -cat yet, wonder what it'll be like, ill ave to try it.

Matt Finary
17-12-02, 10:56 AM
Thing is I would never race the nuts out of the Flying Machine once it's finished :twisted: , but anyone else's car I have borrowed I have thrashed the fcuk out of :roll: .

Matt :)