PDA

View Full Version : engine question

blacknovagsi
22-01-09, 09:50 PM
eyup, does anyone know what the engine capacity would be if on a standard 1.3 sr motor if using the standard rods and crank, i rebored the block to accept 1.6gte pistons? and also a rough idea of the compression rartio (i know it can't be exact till it's all measured up just playing with some ideas.) cheers

General Baxter
22-01-09, 09:56 PM
well i got a 1.4 to 107bhp with a weber 34/32 carb and just a ats2 cam lol

the engine did not like it tho lol

blacknovagsi
22-01-09, 10:11 PM
hahaha thats cool although i'm not looking too much at bhp for the min just the actual capacity and compression ratio so i know where i'm at and whether it's worth doing.i just want to build something different to everyone else. thanks for your reply tho bud

mowgli
23-01-09, 10:05 PM
eyup, does anyone know what the engine capacity would be if on a standard 1.3 sr motor if using the standard rods and crank, i rebored the block to accept 1.6gte pistons? and also a rough idea of the compression rartio (i know it can't be exact till it's all measured up just playing with some ideas.) cheers

the 1.6 pistons won't fit onto the 1.3 rods. the gudgeon pins are different.

you could get oversized 1.2st pistons & it would make a nearly 1500cc engine, but the compression would be quite high & the pistons would need pocketting, which is quite easy as long & you find an engineer brave enough to do it & can work out how much to machine out.

blacknovagsi
24-01-09, 03:00 PM
the engineers no problem and thanks for the information, i'l see what i can sort out.