PDA

View Full Version : Astra Champion Connoly Interior

ollster
14-12-02, 05:28 PM
I am goin to look at a freind of the family's astra champion that has been written off, i know these models are rare (limited run of 250), and i am looking at buying the super rare connoly leather interior. How much do you think the interior is worth, i have basically agreed on the whole lot for ?200, is this a good price?
http://members.madasafish.com/~mattconnor/Astra/Astra_Leather.JPG

dan16v
14-12-02, 05:57 PM
sounds a good price why not have the engine 2!!
how did you do the pic at the bottom of your post its wicked!

ollster
14-12-02, 06:06 PM
I thought it sounded like a good price, i asked him about the egine too, but he's puttin it in his caterham 7 unfortuantly.
My signiture at the bottom is done usin flash mate, took some right messing round to get the wheels spinning properly, its not fully finished yet though, got to sort the background out yet.

carltoncrazy
14-12-02, 07:28 PM
look in total vauxhall,the one with a green astra on the front,
look at the bit wiv a 20 16v mk1 astra,
he got that inside,and was offer 600 quid for it.

mikeoxford
14-12-02, 09:21 PM
best place to post olly would be migweb

i remember one on sale there a while ago

YES you got a good price there kiddo 8)

ollster
15-12-02, 10:12 AM
cheers, ill search for old post about it on mig.

Dan
15-12-02, 11:33 AM
agreed with the good price, nothing like a bit of leather to really slow down your car lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matt Finary
15-12-02, 01:10 PM
?200 fcuking hell, good price! I have seen offer of ?1200 :o

Matt :)

Anton
15-12-02, 01:14 PM
How easy would that be to convert in2 a nova? :P

mikeoxford
15-12-02, 04:42 PM
i thought it was a good price

lol snatch his hand off before he finds out olly!

as for fitment, principle the same with any seat you wanna fit to a nova out of another car.

strip the base of the seat to go in so that the base is flat and it has some surface area you can attach the nova parts to

from the nova, use the sliding frame out of an sr or similar (not the up and over jobbies found in merits and the like that go up when you slikde forward.)

case oif welding or making brackets or bolting together the two

jobs a gudden.

Fredd
15-12-02, 08:36 PM
Let me tell you m8 that ?200 is the bargin of the century for that leather, its is as you say hard to get ahold of, believe me ive tried. Ive got a mk2 astra gte and i was looking for some for ages without any sucess but i have managed to get ahold of cav turbo leather which i payed ?250 for which is cheap for that. Ive seen the champion leather go for ?600 so if i were you i would buy it asap.

mikeoxford
15-12-02, 09:24 PM
methinks by all of our replies you should consider buying it

AND IF YOU HAVENT DONE SO ALREADY ! WHY NOT !

mikeoxford
15-12-02, 09:24 PM
:lol:

ollster
15-12-02, 10:43 PM
cheers for all of the input guys, ive been to look at the car today, and after looking around it the car isnt that bad, just needs a new back quater panel, door etc, possibly an rear axel. But the condition of the car is really good, so ive conviced my dad to buy it, and hopefully we should get the whole car for ?500. It will be a bit of a restoration project, and i will be helping my dad with along with rebuilding the nova. If we do end up gettin it i will post pics up on here about it, they were only a limited run of 250 so if i manage to get it we should have a nice rare beast to take to shows along with my little nova :D

mikeoxford
15-12-02, 10:53 PM
lol, wish my dad was into modified cars and rebuilding cars and stuff!

ollster
16-12-02, 01:52 AM
lol, its all my dads fault that i spend so much time on my car, i used to be the one handing him spanners when i was little, working on his alfa's. i get the impression that if we do this project it will be the other way round, me doin all of the hard work and he will be making tea etc. Old Man :lol:

mikeoxford
16-12-02, 02:44 PM
:twisted: muhahaha dont forget we have got plans come new year olly!!!!