PDA

View Full Version : haidrian pannels

nacho mcnova
22-01-09, 08:04 AM
hi peeps, i have a wee nova gsi and recently clipped a crash barrier. had to repair passenger side front wing, headlight and indicator. the indicator isnt an origonal got it of ebay and doesnt seem to fit into the pannel, theres a big space at the top and bottom of the indicator. has any1 had problems with the haidrians pannels? or do yaz think its jst the indicator? cheers

NovaBoi92
22-01-09, 06:47 PM
the wing may be a mk1?

Jack
22-01-09, 07:04 PM
Hmm, if it was a Mk1 wing, the indicator wouldn't fit at all as the Mk2 jobbers wrap round the wing.

Pic of wing with the gap?

nacho mcnova
24-01-09, 02:58 PM
i will try and get pic up asap m8

dougie_boi
24-01-09, 07:28 PM
usually they are not too bad but can be quite a gap between the wing and door and sittin out past the door level wise

nacho mcnova
02-02-09, 09:09 AM
heres the crap pic try get a better onhttp://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/nacho-mcnova/indicatorfittment.jpge up soon.

DW-Nova
02-02-09, 08:40 PM
That's a picture of the car after the repair ???? wing is rusty already

Jack
02-02-09, 08:52 PM
That looks like a normal pattern part fitment tbh!

ade
02-02-09, 10:49 PM
As above - prob is that in factory theyre one peice panels formed at the corners - after market ones are usually seam welded at some area around the curve...

You could try and heat it and pull it down to see if that works...or some gentle hammer and dolly work may shift it down from the inside.

TBH though I'd prioritise getting the bumper fixed because it clear that the damage is chaffing the inner part of the wing at the bottom causing it to rust!

Jack
02-02-09, 11:35 PM
Also check how the headlamp sits, looks like the bottom may be mounted back too far, which indicates either the headlamp clips are broken or the front panel is bent

nacho mcnova
03-02-09, 07:45 AM
yeah the bumper is well shagged the clips on the bumper are snaped so been using tie raps but jst bought new bumper. the headlight is out abit had it repaired but il need to take it back to the guy. the clips on the grille arent fitting into the wing aswell they keep poping out.