PDA

View Full Version : Throttle cable?

xxspudxx
21-01-09, 02:20 PM
Wrong section maybe....maybe not? Just go with it

Went round most of local motor factors today, and then vauxhall and i cant find anywhere to buy a throttle cable for my gte :( anyone know of any websites that sell them?

Adam
21-01-09, 05:03 PM
Factors dont do throttle cables usually

Go a scrappy and try a cable off a Corsa SRi(c14se engine)
Might fit

xxspudxx
21-01-09, 05:07 PM
one factor i went to could get prety much any vauxhall throttle cable bar a nova one, just wasnt listed!

djshaggeh
21-01-09, 06:30 PM
Im in the process of trying to get hold of one for my XE.

I asked the local motorfactors and they do every model (nova and astra) apart from the GTE 16v so I rung vauxhall - they said £41 + vat and they are unsure they can get hold of one as its listed as a classic car part and is on a different system?! They are going to get back to me.

I wasnt really up for paying £50 odd quid for a cable so I checked out the bay and found one going for 99p + £3 postage.

Nobby
21-01-09, 06:47 PM
Im in the process of trying to get hold of one for my XE.

I asked the local motorfactors and they do every model (nova and astra) apart from the GTE 16v so I rung vauxhall - they said £41 + vat and they are unsure they can get hold of one as its listed as a classic car part and is on a different system?! They are going to get back to me.

I wasnt really up for paying £50 odd quid for a cable so I checked out the bay and found one going for 99p + £3 postage.

i was the same i tried to get one from vauxhall they wanted £61 +vat on trade!! i got one off ebay for £10 lol:thumb:

Rich
21-01-09, 07:04 PM
Ebay if you don't want your pants pulled down, just won one myself for £7 posted

Jack
21-01-09, 08:22 PM
Local vauxhall dealer to me said they couldn't get me a throttle cable for an XE! And the local motorfactors only listed 8v throttle cables :roll:

Riggy saved the day for me though :thumb:

Rich
21-01-09, 09:00 PM
corsa b 1.4/1.6 16v will fit as long as its got the right fitting on the throttle body end (i think its 1.4/1.6 16v engines?)

GRUNT 16V
21-01-09, 09:31 PM
Throttle Cables For Most Novas Are Now No Longer Serviced Ie: No Longer Make Them