21-01-09, 11:21 AM
o well it was worth a try haven't lost anything

Jack
21-01-09, 11:23 AM
Is this the part where I say "I told you so"? lol

What did the letter say?

marc novataken
21-01-09, 11:27 AM
my brother took out insurance, he hasnt got a letter yet though, he didnt say he had braided hoses but still got fully comp £187.85

Welsh Dan
21-01-09, 11:32 AM
What did I miss?

marc novataken
21-01-09, 11:33 AM
What did I miss?

they were insuring cars fully comp under £200

Southie
21-01-09, 11:33 AM
What did I miss?
This thread (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111926&highlight=ecar)

Jay
21-01-09, 11:35 AM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111926

Jack
21-01-09, 11:35 AM
Google says other forum users have had the same letter of cancellation it seems

skyinsurance
21-01-09, 11:38 AM
Wondered how long it would take.. some things are too good to be true!

skyinsurance
21-01-09, 11:39 AM
Out of interest.. have you got full refunds? What did the letter say? I'm quite intruiged!

Ollie
Sky Insurance

turbojolt
21-01-09, 11:39 AM
thank you for taking out a policy with ecar through comparethemarket.com

it has since come to our attention that whilst generating your quotation, on inputting your vehicles modifications an error has occurred during the premium calculation. on navigation through to the ecar website you were asked to verify that all data was correct, but unfortunately this omission was not rectified prior to setting up your policy.

we are unable to continue providing cover under your current policy and in accordance with the policy cancellation condition are Herby giving notice of cancellation with effect from 26th january 2009 at 12:00

please note that any refund due will be calculated exclusive of our normal cancellation fee and where possible will be returned back to the card you used to make the original payment

we must remind you that it is a offence under part v1 of the road traffic act 1988 to drive, or otherwise use your Vachel on the public highway without insurance cover being in force and all motor insurance certificates issued must be returned to the address on the top of the letter

we apologise for any inconvenience this may have cause and would like to reassure you that this action dose not prevent you from taking out future policies with ecar insurance

yours sincerely

phil read
operations manager

marc novataken
21-01-09, 11:42 AM
will my brother not have his cancelled then? he didnt say braided hoses, all he declared was alloys, lowered, exhaust on his 106.

turbojolt
21-01-09, 11:43 AM
cant say i know

marc novataken
21-01-09, 11:45 AM
in theory it wont as he didnt say anything about braided hoses, but it probably will be cancelled as he was quoted £187.85 fully comp aged 17

skyinsurance
Cheers, makes for interesting reading.. and at least you got a few days free(ish) cover!

What a f'k up though!!

turbojolt
Cheers, makes for interesting reading..

no worries mate

Jack
21-01-09, 11:53 AM
will my brother not have his cancelled then? he didnt say braided hoses, all he declared was alloys, lowered, exhaust on his 106.
Possibly, if he went through the same route I would assume so due to the same reason stated above. If in doubt, ring them and check.

Cheers, makes for interesting reading.. and at least you got a few days free(ish) cover!
Depends what the admin charge is for cancellation is I suppose!

Pistol Pete
21-01-09, 11:55 AM
SIMPLES..

http://www.thecreativeinstinct.com/wp-content/images/meerkat.jpg

stevenf
08-02-09, 02:23 AM
well looks like mine is cancelled too lol never mind found a clissic policy for £340 fully comp for the year :D

mowgli
08-02-09, 03:10 PM
I can't believe people actually thought they would get away with this....
the insurers have so many bits of small print that if you even attempted to claim, they'd find some reason to make sure you'd lose out.

~~joycey~~
08-02-09, 05:21 PM
Thought it was too good to be true lol

Ste L
08-02-09, 08:58 PM
dont forget, now you've had insurance cancelled on you, you need to imform your next insurance company you use ;)

they ask this, and it can bump up your insurance too

MattBrown
08-02-09, 11:22 PM
How can they cancel it?

I would get on to the insurance ombadsman!

They are in a legal contract to provide 12 months motor insurance to your car?

They decided to break that contract, breaking the law, weather or not your car has braided hoses is where the answer will lie!

If it genuinely had hoses, then they cannot cancel the policy as this is voiding a 12 month legally binding contract you have made!

Matt

Jack
08-02-09, 11:29 PM
Its written into their smallprint, as with most insurers, that they can cancel the policy at any time for any reason, giving 7 days notice. This is perfectly legal, the ombudsman will tell you that.

In fact I don't even think they (legally) have to inform you, so consider yourself lucky they did! lol

joeSRI
09-02-09, 10:33 AM
its not fair u have to pay an admin fee when they cancelled it. Insurance companies suck balls!

stevenf
09-02-09, 02:54 PM
please note that any refund due will be calculated exclusive of our normal cancellation fee and where possible will be returned back to the card you used to make the original payment

does this bit mean that you will not be charged for a cancellation fee?

MattBrown
09-02-09, 06:18 PM
They would be on sketchy ground!

I had a big incident with bennets!

Cancelled my policy, wanted me to pay for a new one, 4 days later and some bickering, i got 12 months insurance free!

They cant cancel unless you dont keep your side of the contract!

Jack
09-02-09, 06:27 PM
Oh yes they can. I would wager almost any car insurance policy has a cancellation clause in the small print.

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1068458&postcount=31

eCar Insurance may cancel this Policy by sending You not less than seven days notice by recorded delivery to Your last known address. We will reimburse You on a pro rata basis the premium for the period of insurance still remaining.

ednovasr2
27-02-09, 04:36 PM
SIMPLES..

http://www.thecreativeinstinct.com/wp-content/images/meerkat.jpg

My cat give good quote to (bowl of felix) fully comp LOL