PDA

View Full Version : Found on the bay!!

leggattr
21-01-09, 10:10 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-NOVA-GSI-FRONT-BUMPER-TOW-BLANK_W0QQitemZ160311184838QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C arsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item16031118483 8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

I saw this on ebay today, i dont no if it has already been posted up but i no alot of you are after it. Hope it helps.

Jay
21-01-09, 10:24 AM
For funk sake!!! Every time i/other pngers are wanting a certain item, it appears on ebay, then 2 - 3 days later we all find it in the general chat section! Another bargain well and truly lost.

hc coupe
21-01-09, 10:32 AM
/\ I have to agree, that snowplough bumper a few weeks back didn't even end (I guess someone on here made a nice offer).

To be fair Leggattr is new,but this is really getting on my boobies.

I take it he is trying to help people out, not selling the item yea ?

draper
21-01-09, 10:33 AM
For funk sake!!! Every time i/other pngers are wanting a certain item, it appears on ebay, then 2 - 3 days later we all find it in the general chat section! Another bargain well and truly lost.

dont be a tw@t, anyone looking for a GSi bumper will be checking everywhere anyway - if anything ebay stuff goes for more money than private ads on forums everytime

amggsi
21-01-09, 10:35 AM
dont be a tw@t, anyone looking for a GSi bumper will be checking everywhere anyway - if anything ebay stuff goes for more money than private ads on forums everytime

Have to agree there, anyone looking for a particular part will be checking e-bay daily anyway, so it hardly makes any odds if it's posted here or not!lol

Jay
21-01-09, 10:35 AM

Only because it gets posted on here/other forums.

draper
21-01-09, 10:36 AM
no its not, ebay has always had higher than usual prices imo, the odd item may go for a bargain price but mostly its always overpriced

Cle
21-01-09, 10:46 AM
[quote=hc coupe]/\ I have to agree, that snowplough bumper a few weeks back didn't even end (I guess someone on here made a nice offer).quote]

I posted it up and someone on here made the guy and offer, I was just being helpfully Like most people who post things up.

Plug
21-01-09, 10:49 AM
[quote=hc coupe]/\ I have to agree, that snowplough bumper a few weeks back didn't even end (I guess someone on here made a nice offer).quote]

I posted it up and someone on here made the guy and offer, I was just being helpfully Like most people who post things up.

And that person was me :thumb:

Jack
21-01-09, 10:51 AM
Tell that to Mike lol

I'm in two minds. On one hand, its annoying to see ebay links splatted across the forum - if someone is specifically looking for something, ebay is probably the first place they'd look; threads like these just attract the "oh yeah, I quite fancy one of those, I'll chuck a bid in" buyers, which inevitably push the price up.

On the other, its promoting items which may have otherwise been missed. I hesitate to use the word "bargain", as once items have been publicized on here, the price shoots up.

Either way, the price goes up. lol

The cynic in me says its quite often the seller who posts "look what I've found" threads, or is a friend of the seller ("I'll post a link on PNG, that'll get you a few more bids mate"), again an attempt at pushing the price up.

As for ebay having higher than usual prices, people will only pay what they value the part at, which varies wildly from person to person - on ebay this tends to be higher as people get into a bidding frenzy. On here we enforce a "seller post price" rule to avoid auction style bidding, but there's always room for the buyer/seller to haggle to bring the price down. Where as on ebay the price only goes UP...

draper
21-01-09, 10:54 AM

dare i say it but thats being part of a car club, helping members out etc

Jack
21-01-09, 10:57 AM
So what about the other xyz number of members who had been following the auction on ebay and were making bids as per ebay regulations? Wasn't very helpful to them...

[edit]

dare i say it but thats being part of a car club, helping members out etc
If thats the case, help the club members by posting it in the members area, not the public viewing area where any tom dick and harry can see it.

Jay
21-01-09, 11:08 AM
So what about the other xyz number of members who had been following the auction on ebay and were making bids as per ebay regulations? Wasn't very helpful to them...

Exaclty. :thumb:

twistysnovagte
21-01-09, 11:15 AM
2nd that,anyone in the right mind using the internet looking for what they need! will surely look into the auction sites such as ebay etc,but also how many other of the vaux related sites are doing the same!?and do they condone having "look what i found"ebay links in there forums???

hc coupe
21-01-09, 11:24 AM

I'm not having a go, I know that when people post a link it can be a big help, however I'm growing tired of seeing ebay links. As you say if your looking for a part you would see it on eBay and such so why the need to post a link .

The snowplough bumper was cool. I’m not getting angry ( grrr) and I knew that there was going to be a link (Even just to talk about it). I'm not trying to upset anyone so I'm sorry if people feel I've been moody about it all.

Maybe instead of banning ebay links there could be a section for them?

edit. /\/\ keep the rest of the site free from massive links,

Jay
21-01-09, 11:29 AM
Ebay links should be banned full stop IMO.

Jack
21-01-09, 11:31 AM
There is a thread in the Suggestions forum at the bottom for current discussion over what to do with ebay links.

Pistol Pete
21-01-09, 11:49 AM
I do get abit bored of seeing ebay links to Novas and parts BUT if anyone is looking to buy them they will find them anyway, hence the price going up.

matt_vaughan
21-01-09, 11:53 AM
To be honest, something will only go for what someone will pay for it, so what does it really matter.

All that happens is you have more people bidding on same item, therefore pushing people to get the eBay bug and keep bidding.

Everyone who's looking for that part will already have probably seen it.

Im sure it's very different when people want to sell their items on eBay (not so much on this site thanks to the eBay links ban:thumb:)