PDA

View Full Version : what models of nova have a 1.2 engine?

filmbuffuk
14-12-02, 12:09 PM
the car i am looking into buying is an E-reg 1.2 nova 5 speed. 3 door hatchback.

does anyone know what model this could be?

also what kind of things should i be watching out for when i look at it.

cheers

MattyWoo
14-12-02, 01:27 PM
look out for rust and lots of it on a car of that age, basically everywhere with metal showing could rust, favourite places are - rear arches, bottons of the doors, inside the boot, and along the front at the bottom. Anywhere i've missed anyone???

As for what model it is, ave a look on http://www.novabug.co.uk thats got the history of all the nova's cos i'm unsure which ones had 5 speed boxes.

mikeoxford
14-12-02, 09:10 PM
my guess would be on either a base standard nova or a merit..........

mikeoxford
14-12-02, 09:11 PM
nearly forgot..........

as for a buying guide etc

goto www.nova-land.com

on the frontpage you will se nova history / spec etc or something like that

click that and scroll down (or click the link at top of page, ittl take you down to where i have a section on what to look for)

very extensive, covers everything i think

Manta Mad
14-12-02, 10:03 PM
An E reg 1.2 (87/88 ) will either be a Merit or an L model. The 5 speed box was an extra cost option on both Merit and 'L' - if I remember rightly it was around ?150 extra! Strangely, if you bought an 'L' with a 1.3 engine, you got a 5 speed box as standard.

There were 1 or 2 special editions around at the time based on the 1.2 which had a 5 speed box - just to confuse things.

Will
15-12-02, 01:48 PM
Has it got red / blue carpet?

If it has then its an antibes ;)

pete22
17-12-02, 01:28 AM
check for rust in the strut housing (under the wings) ,the inner wings and under the battery

neiloakley
17-12-02, 10:22 AM
RUST UNDER THE HEADLIGHTS TOO!