PDA

View Full Version : 1.2i tuning

rallydak
20-01-09, 08:48 PM
hi, I no of a lot of 1200 injection engines that are putting out around 70bhp maybe more. although i don't no how they are doing this. the engines look pretty standard so it must be something along the lines of re-mapping or differnt injectors or something like that. does anyone have any ideas how these people could be doing this???? it has a lot of people stumped and they are rally cars which are running in a standard 1200 class so they aren't going to tel anyone how they are getting this sort of power as atm they are wiping the floor with everyone in the standard 1200 cars.

any help would be most appreciated thanks

John
20-01-09, 08:57 PM
Use the search and ye shall find!

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93474

rallydak
23-01-09, 10:10 PM
yea i saw this thread but these mods don't really add up to around 70bhp. and also these engines still look pretty standard as this is a standard 1200 competition class.

anyone have any other ideas???

jimbob-mcgrew
24-01-09, 02:51 AM
i dont know much about the rally scene myself as there limited in certain areas to what there allowed to do, but id assume if u take a 54 bhp 1.2 carb engine and slap an MPI injection system on it, did a bit of inlet work and a decent 4-1 exhaust, possibly a lightened flywheel, uprated cam and re-map too, should prob kick out slightly over the 70 ish mark i woulda thought.

alternatively for much less money, if you arnet competing and dont need to follow the rules, you could switch the bottom end with a 1.3 or 1.4 to up the compression for a much more revvy engine that'll prob be similiar in bhp.