PDA

View Full Version : ian WORKS,and dan DOESNT WORK

carltoncrazy
13-12-02, 07:29 PM
right over the next 2 weeks the nova is getting striped down,and maybe all the welding done,depending on stuff..
so with help of wisewood(may i take this time to pray 2 u lord wisewood)
so heres some pixs which show the car as it was 4 weeks ago.then what it look like 2 weeks ago,but from monday,maybe tomoz(depend on how drunk i get 2nite),there be daily updates on wot ive done,+daily pixs of whats happening.
www.churchoftuna.co.uk/ian/1_1.jpg

www.churchoftuna.co.uk/ian/1_2.jpg

www.churchoftuna.co.uk/ian/1_3.jpg

www.churchoftuna.co.uk/ian/1_4.jpg

hopfully they work,so any comments and ADVICE(i need this),which was nice.
any how this should be a funny 2 weeks,with my temper.
wish me luck,

dan16v
13-12-02, 07:38 PM
can i post myne here to ian coz im doing my gbox over haul? ie lsd grp n clutch etc got loads of grit in my eye to day from pulling shafts out and my perished cv boot is totaly in 2 halves! :wink:

carltoncrazy
13-12-02, 07:47 PM
since u remeber my name then i dont c y not

wisewood
13-12-02, 09:45 PM
of course they work - i renamed, uploaded, and gave you the addresses myself :D
after i had tested them and made sure they worked of course :lol:

like i said in the email ian - let me have the pictures and i will get them uploaded to my web space and let you know the addresses...

wisewood.

carltoncrazy
13-12-02, 10:35 PM
wisewood we on first name terms now, :wink:
bloody nora,that bar maid better watch out
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matt Finary
13-12-02, 10:51 PM
Good Luck, hope it goes well. :)

Matt :D

mikeoxford
14-12-02, 12:07 AM
respect to a nova "restorer" as apposed to a modifier! - good look mate, im sure ade can give you a few tips along the line as i think he had just about every nut and bolt off his car in a week :lol: and put it back on again! :o

be nice to see a real clean example rolling outta ya garage.

keep it chilled and remember - at them hard times - COUNT TO TEN!!!!!!!

mikeoxford
14-12-02, 12:16 AM
just lookin at your pics ian mate

didnt hang about with stripping it did you? front end dont look too bad, i had really bad rust around the headlight parts and the ends of the slam pannel where it meets the wings on the top in my old car AND THAT WAS A H PLATE!

it had a similar problem in the boot though, albeit about the size of 2 golf balls - not quite that amount!

couldnt believe it when i saw your pics - i guess over tie if i didnt do anything it would have ended up like that! anyway, them says are long gone, stripped that car and sold it :)

ANYWAY

bit off topic

respect to ya - itll make a nice project

mikeoxford
14-12-02, 12:17 AM
going back to your hole in the floor............. seal that little well/hole, make it water proof, de rust it and make it ship shape - use it to stash things in such as duty free and your alloy locking bolt key :lol:

carltoncrazy
14-12-02, 11:50 AM
lol@stashing with duty free.well its getting a new front end,so new slam panel and front valance.
new rear crossmember and boot floor,and probley quarter panels,not because they are rusted,but there are some nasty dents.then after that its gonna get respreyed.in the same colour
i dought im gonna start today,me and the girl seem to be having a war,and i dont think it would be good idea to do it.

dan16v
14-12-02, 01:11 PM
yay just got to undo the 2engine mounts now and shes out! waiting for masterfit m8 to come round so that i dont drop the box on my head :o i will start taking some pics in a mo 2!

dan16v
14-12-02, 02:24 PM
bitch cant get the movement on the gbox shaft to pull it from the engine :evil: ill have to drop the engine out instead :o

carltoncrazy
14-12-02, 03:13 PM
whilst dan vasts in the joy of working on car,
ian sits on his ass,and keeps saying to himself
"il start it in a minute"
im starting on monday.
by the way,does any one cough*mike* coughknow where the engine mounts are,im take the engine,box,suspenion etc off in one go so i can lift the sheel over it.
are there engine bolts under the car?

dan16v
14-12-02, 06:05 PM
ian mounts are as follows- 1 on top left hand side of engine just in front of cam belt, one at the bak of the engine nxt to exhaust center sectionish! and lastly the gbox one which is just in front of the earth strap.
i realy cant be arsed to drop the engine! how the fap is the left side eng mount eva gunna clear the cam belt cover?

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=302

carltoncrazy
14-12-02, 06:42 PM
right i didnt know about the one by the earth,lucky i asked now.
im start on monday,so ive should finish about 4:30 every day(being to dark after that,so pixs should be up by 9 every night,
dan you doing any pixs for us to laugh at,i mean comment on?

dan16v
14-12-02, 08:01 PM
shut it slag lol yes i will get some pics for ulot to 'comment' on! just got to load up my digi cam software coz only just got my pc bak from bein re booted so no prog on it yet will do it 2moz when i find the dam fuji disk :roll:

carltoncrazy
14-12-02, 10:20 PM
me slag,
we cant be talking about the same ian here :lol:

carltoncrazy
15-12-02, 08:46 PM
right 2moz i start work.
im intending to get up in the morning.......which is rare. and i think il start by taking the engine,suspion,gear box transfere box out as one, the cyclinder head needs sorting out as the tappets i think are fucked,coz it keeping making this tapping noise,so il send that away to get fixed,coz i dont know how to do it.
so im going to take the whole lot out and clean it up properly,
however i have a few problems,
its getting restored to standard,as in as mint as the day it was in the show room,
so what color was the engine?was it painted?what colour were the brakes etc? i know these are stupid question but i need to know.
jobs for 2moz

engine gear box etc out in one go,so i can lift the shell above them

drop feul tank out

finish getting head lining out

maybe start taking the sound proofing out

pick out all those fucking nuts and bolts which are gonna drop into tight spaces when im tring to get soemthing out

so any comments,or advice about how to do the above?basical i need help!

MattyWoo
15-12-02, 09:54 PM
I would chat to you about what your doing mate, BUT YOUR NOT ON AIM!!!! :lol: speak to you later mate

mikeoxford
15-12-02, 09:57 PM
keep us updated with photos ennit ian :P

carltoncrazy
15-12-02, 10:14 PM
yep,my aims is,bye the end of the week,is to have a bear sheel,
then i can turn it upside down and sort out all the rust, etc
then get pixs so you lot can advise me on the best corz of action,

wisewood
16-12-02, 01:37 AM
ian - you get pics to me by 4:30 and they should be uploaded and ready before 5pm mate - unless some heavy poo falls on me at work.

mikeoxford
16-12-02, 02:50 PM
:lol: are the staff toilets on the next floor above your desk then wise ............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

wisewood
16-12-02, 03:02 PM
lol - no mate i work beneath the elephant enclosure at Sheffield Zoo. :lol:

carltoncrazy
16-12-02, 04:53 PM
DAY 1 IN IAN`S COLD CRAMP SMALL GARAGE
right the fucking camrear wont download the images,I AM VERY PISSED OFF.SO IL GET ONTO THAT AFTER THIS POST
i didnt get a chance to finish the headling,i was to busy with the engine.got all the nuts and bolts undon,so the engine gearbox etc is lose,susption off,car jacked up,but one wishbone wont come undone,so it stop me getting the hole lot off,
so to make myself feel better i relieve my stress by kickign the living shit out of the doors, :P
feul tank out,head off,
so not a very good day
music
garage platnium(cant spell),the new one any how
the new rnb cd cant remeber the name,but it was on tv the advert.
then good old chris M on radio 1,
sadly light is restricitng work,i cant work after 4,as its to dark and i feel dangous.
i aint a happy bunny

wisewood
16-12-02, 06:15 PM
ian - do you smoke?
if so, have a few ciggies and calm yourself down...
if not, have a few ciggies and calm yourself down.

can't beat a nice nicotine rush ... well, not legally anyway :lol:

carltoncrazy
16-12-02, 07:20 PM
i dont smoke,and im on my 6th botle of arches,
chat l8rz

mikeoxford
16-12-02, 10:35 PM
lol ian dont kick the shit outta your car! your trying to remove dents and get it a minter not add em!

this will turn into scrap yard challenege if u aint careful :lol:

LMAO at wise and his big turds!!

Aragorn
16-12-02, 11:12 PM
when i removed the engine from my old car my da decided he knew best and wouldnt let me take the tranny and engine apart

we undone the 3 mounts, poped the driveshafts, attached a hoist to the little bracket attached to the inlet manifold (dunno if it was supposed to be the hoist hook - but it works) then hoisted it up, it got stuck, so we lowered it and twisted it some, then hoisted it again, still wouldnt come, undid rear engine mount from gearbox, hoisted and out it came pishing tranny oil everywhere

crude but effective i suppose

carltoncrazy
16-12-02, 11:59 PM
im not really with it so bear with me if my speeling is shit.....then again all my post r shit,o well.
basical mike the doors are getting replaced,rusted.
errr cant remeber the othe guys name,soz
basical what im doings is lift the sheel about the engine box etc,coz the lower end of the engine and box is fine,and all it needs is cleaning and painting...........i think,.
soz guys but i fink im gonna piss myself so i better go.
nite akk

mikeoxford
17-12-02, 12:05 AM
lol nite you pi$$ head - dont get going out in the dark trying to drive you car - remember it has no engine

duuurrrhhh

as if you knew that!

mikeoxford
17-12-02, 12:06 AM
also we will shop you for ?500 of her majesties finnest

carltoncrazy
17-12-02, 01:32 PM
right understanbly im slighty outa it this morning,so im on the black offee,i intend to start work about 2ish,assuming i find where i put the gargae keys.
my chalgange for today is to get dast fecking engine out,

carltoncrazy
17-12-02, 04:36 PM
at last i got the thing out,engine out and gear box out
YAY :D :D :D :D :D :D
so me happy,
however i am surprized of the weight of the body shell,it still is fairy heavy,so thats a turn up.
jobs for 2moz
well im gonna have a bit of a tidy up,then im going to start taking the rear axle off,and hopefull that can get ride of some of the weight,fingers cross.
does any one know how heavy the body shell is on its own?
also any helpfully hint to get the rear axle of wound be most apricated

mikeoxford
17-12-02, 11:41 PM
lol @ how ian finds it more challenging to find the garage keys than to get out of bed :lol:

MattyWoo
18-12-02, 08:44 AM
I'm currently finding it very difficult to go to college, as i wanna stay at home and play with my car, theres only 3 days left, i may not bother goin :? decisions decisions

carltoncrazy
18-12-02, 10:10 AM
lol to cold today= no work,
i have ways of warming my self up
faye......faye darling....................faye where are you?????????
fucking carlton froozen,
and mike are you saying im a lazy ****,
if so...............................you know me 2 well

mikeoxford
18-12-02, 11:21 AM
lol i thought i was in for a beating of you ian mate :lol: was gonna edit my above post but i thought nah hell take it in gud jest

mikeoxford
18-12-02, 11:24 AM
and :lol: with reagrds goin college

monday i had off to get MOT done, and a few jobs on car to get it fixed

tuesday i woke up at 8, lied in until 9 when my first lesson was, would have been ten minutes l8 i thuoght sod it i needed a shower ne way

rolled over

didnt wake up until TWENTY PAST ONE :o thought FCUK! must have been out for the count :P

carltoncrazy
18-12-02, 03:01 PM
mike m8,understand that il take most fing light hearted,
one or two fings il screw at but very few,
but of corz if ya want a beating then not a problem,

mikeoxford
18-12-02, 03:04 PM
:lol: good good!

carltoncrazy
18-12-02, 05:31 PM
cheeky fcuker

dan16v
18-12-02, 05:56 PM
MASSIVE DEVELOPMENT ON DANS NOVA!

i took the cam cover off yesterday! :D then i got to cold and packed my stuff up and went in and played ps2! i wont be doing any thing this wk end either as im working sat and sun to fund the street weapon :twisted: ! i dont think that engine will ever come out!

if any one with a 16v reads this how the fap can you drop the lump out as a whole ie gbox on lump as i dont see how i can get it to clear drivers side mount, thinking of splitting the head from block :roll:
[/u]

Tilly
18-12-02, 06:02 PM
put some extra layers of clothes on, get a wooly hat and a big spot light and get to bloody work u 2 (ian and dan)

carltoncrazy
18-12-02, 06:18 PM
its the FEMALE race at the moment stopping me from work :roll:
dan however is anther story,why isit i`ve seem toi done more than you,
and dan why dont you just undo every bolt you cant see then the engine will fall

mikeoxford
18-12-02, 11:12 PM
lol i wud say we wud be waiting for cristmas to come before he does anything on his car :roll: but thatd be a bad joke

carltoncrazy
18-12-02, 11:24 PM
mike u getting a cheeky ****

carltoncrazy
19-12-02, 05:00 PM
oooooooooook i`ve deleted a post,which was claimed to be put by me.
but it wernt,i didnt post it,ive changed my password so fingers cross it was a 1 off.
cold in the garage again
got alot dont,basicl read axle stering brakes,alot came off today,and i rolled the car on its side,pixs on saturday

dan16v
19-12-02, 08:40 PM
[b][u]EXCUSSES!
1/ i need a torque split to take the head off

2/ive been busy fantasising over nadine

3/i thought if i starred at it long enough it would just take its self out

4/it is xmas and fosters need there beer drunk b4 it goes out of date!

ok ok i will set my self a target :o the engine will not be attatched to the car by tuesday! is that ok gals n guys?!

carltoncrazy
19-12-02, 10:01 PM
lazy ****,mines on it side and a striped shell,
dan u r 1 lazy motha fucker,jesus.
gotta cahnge the title

MattyWoo
19-12-02, 10:27 PM
lol @ the new title.
Ian what are you playing at?? car on its side :? Get on AIM if your not doing anything tonight!!! i should be on for another half hour at least

dan16v
19-12-02, 10:30 PM
i honestly need that torque split lol! nice title :cry: it will get done tuesday with pic to prove it! and you Will be amazed at my level of craftsmenship! :? second thought my dad is off work may get him to do it whilst i lay in bed till 12 with a hang over! :wink:

MattyWoo
19-12-02, 10:51 PM
Dont worry about it dan, i've been working on my little bits ive got to do all week now, after taking ians advice and "doing it slowly". but i think i took it the wrong way, cos instead of doin the job slowly, i did quickly, but had a coupla hours break every hour or so, so it seemed like i was going slowly lol :roll: think i better start being more careful

carltoncrazy
19-12-02, 11:08 PM
matt i sed take ya time and not rush things.
i get this impresson that dan jus pure lazy,nowt rong with that,
dan wen those pixs get up here,
1)il ask tilly out on here(pretty safe bet coz u wont do it)
2) il change the title,
but im pretty sure they wont go up on tuesday,so im safe :?

dan16v
20-12-02, 02:18 PM
the engine wont be out but if i can prove the engine is not connected to the car and all water hoses and sensors are off then you have to do the above!
-as for tilly when she sees my lovely car and engine and face you wont stand a chance, be prepared for proof you going down son! bring on the pics! :D

carltoncrazy
20-12-02, 02:49 PM
no dan engine out like u sed,
and pixs must be on,
tilly has a sense of humor,shame that i have to use this sorta action 2 make u work
i surpoz u did have 55days to do it :lol: :lol:

dan16v
21-12-02, 04:38 PM
got up at 2pm today after hard night out on the town :o was gunna do stuff to the car but cant as its raining! :wink:

mikeoxford
22-12-02, 12:41 AM
:lol:
lol i wud say we wud be waiting for cristmas to come before he does anything on his car but thatd be a bad joke

i take it back!!!

ill say it about dan instead :P

:lol: @rain stopped play!!!!!!!!!

dan16v
22-12-02, 02:53 PM
oh yes baby just got to take off starter motor wires and connections to iacv and thats it shes out! ian if i cant get my digi cam prog to work ill get my m8 mike to take sum on his nokia and ill email you them via txt msg!

confidence is high repeat confidence is high! :lol:

dan16v
22-12-02, 04:19 PM
as im a non pc tech person im to dumb to upload the images to this post so ive uploaded them to my car feature under the 16v section, as you will see IAN every thing is disconnected inc the gbox mount just the other to mounts to go now :wink:

carltoncrazy
22-12-02, 05:31 PM
dan im no IT person,hence y wisy does it 4 me,
err no pixs on here by xmas day or................well il make sumfing up

carltoncrazy
22-12-02, 05:41 PM
dan remember it takes admin time 2 upload em,so they wont b up 4 abit,
ok heres anther game,u get pixs off all the work u`ve done,
and il get picxs of all mine,
we upload em on here and have a vote,
and let the people decided who has done the most,
im on a safe bet here,coz,a) i do work,B) i have the correct tools[/u]

dan16v
22-12-02, 06:54 PM
I WILL WIN NOW AS IM ON A ROLL! AS FOR TOOLS I HAVE EVERY TOOL I COULD EVER NEED INC WELDERS AND AIR TOOLS SO I THINK MY GARAGE IS BEST :lol:

carltoncrazy
22-12-02, 06:57 PM
i`ve got a lience,
so na na na na

dan16v
22-12-02, 08:43 PM
bitch youve got me :D ! nah im realy going for it tommorow! :o not if it rains tho :lol:

carltoncrazy
22-12-02, 09:33 PM
bitch youve got me :D ! nah im realy going for it tommorow! :o not if it rains tho :lol:

bitch youve got me
gutted many peeps say that

nah im realy going for it tommorow!
heard that before

not if it rains tho
dan u live in england,so u wont get fuck all done