View Full Version : 1.2spi Starting problems

nova ian
20-01-09, 09:23 AM
As some may remember a few month back I swapped the engine in my 1.2spi runaround. Its been running fine with no issues and no starting problems till last night and I'm stumped as to what it could be...

I turned ignition on as normal and got the ignition lights on the dash as per usual, turned it over and it began to turn over and then just clunked and starter stopped turning it over instantly, and ignition lights went off and stayed off. So initial thought was the starter has got jammed. Put it in gear and gave it a rock to free it and tried it again, only this time when I turned ignition on I still had no ignition lights, didn't hear fuel pump prime or any relays click or anything. Its dead as a dodo! Although I still get the handbrake light and fuel light come on until the needle rises so there's still power when turned on, but there's no oil pressure light like normal. I know its not a flat battery as when it first turned over it was as normal, not a slow dying turn over.

I've got a feeling its an electrical fault a wire, fuse or relay or something. Just thought I'd see if anyone had any other ideas.

Thanks in advance
Ian

nova ian
20-01-09, 05:13 PM
Sorted this now, but for how long I dont know!!

Can't see any obvious loose or bad connections, but disturbing the wiring has made it work! lol

AlexW
20-01-09, 07:41 PM
If you get the problem again its problery a earth.