PDA

View Full Version : first mods

Cassa_Nova
13-12-02, 01:00 PM
I havent taken my test yet but ive got an abyss kit coming and tsw blades hopefully that will look alright wat u reckon ? just wandered what everyones first mods were

and what have everyone got ICE wise in there novas

cheers Adz :snipersm:

Anton
13-12-02, 01:05 PM
My first mod was a full lowering kit then sr alloys.

Ice wise- i started with a cd player, stealth shelf 6x9s, then added two ten inch subs and amp, then added door speakers in pods, then got a second 4 channel amp for eveything, then got a 12inch sub, sold that and now buliding a custom install with a 15inch sub. :P

Ant 8)

carltoncrazy
13-12-02, 01:33 PM
if any1 says neon washer jets,
then i reserve the right to have the first punch.

MattyWoo
13-12-02, 02:42 PM
neon washer jets :wink:

Nah my first mod was to fit an sr bumper and grille that i go off me mate for ?15 which was barganous, then i got ripped off when i brought 3 spoke sr wheels for ?120!!!

Ice at the mo i've got a crappy vauxhall head unit powering my 6x9's and 4"'s but im hoping for a decent head unit for christmas!!!

RobIsGrt18
13-12-02, 04:51 PM
my first mods were , zorts, gte grille (to get rid of that nasty grey thing the 1.2's came with yuk!!) and a head unit with 6x9's!!

then came lowering and other goodies thanks to breeny :D !!

mikeoxford
13-12-02, 05:20 PM
blimey first mods!

going back a bit here

first job was to chop up the glovebox to accept my 12 disc changer - VERY scared for my first mod, was a COMPLETE success though! and also install head unit which i had for christmas (was in my mums metro fro 2 months before i even got my 1st car in february!)

alloy fuel cap.

next was air freshner one of those cool super ex ones from halfords with a mini fan in!

and then another scary mod i did in the first week of having car was an 8v digi dash, chopping your electrics up is VERY scary for the first time, but i enjoy electronics (not the hard core stuff!) and i got on with it fine.

also had the dash apart for mileage correction

next was the hazard switch mod, corsa stalk conversion, electric windows, sri door cards - to remove the hole from the winder! single wiper conversion, spoilers, oval side repeaetrs, alloys

that was my first rather HECTIC month with the car!

might add that most of my mods came with me to the new car as well :)

glovebox is still going strong!!!

as for ICE:

i started off with headunit (mentioned above) and four speaker system, which i was happy with at the time, im now running this lot, which isnt a fat lot to be honnest, its all custom, and the sound quality is amazing, from not the most expensive kit on the market anyway.

JVC KS-FX640R cassette head unit, JVC CH-X300 12 disc CD changer, 12V to 240V 150 Watt Power Inverter, Homemade boot build containing Pro Plus SPL12 12" Sub Woofer in 1.38 cubic ft of air powered by a Longmill Pharoh 002 2x150w amp, Kicker Impulse 7x10s in rear shelf, Factory fit replacement Kicker Infinity speakers in front dash and rear parcel shelf supports both wired with 220?f non-polarised electrolytic capacitors.

mikeoxford
13-12-02, 05:45 PM
eek :o sorry to here that micky!

a barrier!? was u being norty?

Matt Finary
13-12-02, 10:47 PM
Mine, were clear rear lights, oval clear side repeater, meshed grille and tints. Then I took it off the road for the build of the flying machine :twisted:

Matt :D

Matt Finary
13-12-02, 10:47 PM
Mine, were clear rear lights, oval clear side repeater, meshed grille, debadged, devinyled and tints. Then I took it off the road for the build of the flying machine :twisted:

Matt :D