PDA

View Full Version : What Discs and Pads and where to buy?

Matt
18-01-09, 08:01 PM
Looking to upgrade to a decent 16v (256mm) brake setup. Did look into getting a second hand set but now think I'm just gonna bite the dust and splash out on some new discs and pads.

Been looking at the drilled and grooved Black Diamond discs on Chris Astley which are £125. I know he does dicount for members so hopefully I'll be able to get them cheaper. Are these a good disc to go for? Any other recommendations? Also what pads would you lot say are worth getting?

Anywhere else worth looking at for this gear? Tried raldes.co.uk and they do Maxtorq stuff which is cheaper. Are they any good?

:tard:

R1CH
18-01-09, 08:21 PM
I've got the drilled and grooved Maxtorq discs on mine with Mintex 1144 pads (both from Raldes), been spot on, pads give off a bit of dust tho which will make your MO's dirty !!
Same set up thats going on your bro's car.

Matt
18-01-09, 08:30 PM
I've got the drilled and grooved Maxtorq discs on mine with Mintex 1144 pads (both from Raldes), been spot on, pads give off a bit of dust tho which will make your MO's dirty !!
Same set up thats going on your bro's car.

Fairdoo's, definately gonna have to steal his now. I'll buy him some back in a few years time when he actually comes to need them lol. The MO's getting dirty is unaviodable I think so will just have to live with it. Unless you know of any other pads that might not be as bad? I can imagine it being the same story with any though?

R1CH
18-01-09, 09:04 PM
Think the only ones that don't give off any (or very little) dust are the GreenStuff pads, but there sh*te !!
All pads will give off dust, think the 1144's tend to give off more dust than others tho, worth it as there spot on, even from cold.
Aye just nick your bro's, he'll just think he's lost them along with 1/2 the other bits off it !

John
18-01-09, 09:06 PM
rich, do raldes do on-line?
(sorry for the thread hi-jack matt)

Edit, just found it!