PDA

View Full Version : Water/liquid noise when first starting engine...

Nova1.6
13-12-02, 11:46 AM
when i start the engine and put my foot on the accelerator i can hear water/liquid gushing trough the engine, its quite loud aswell, cant see no leaks or anthing wrong with the performance of the car.
Had a new water pump about 3 months ago.
Any body know if there might be anothing wrong with the car or what might be causing it.

An idea i had is that because it's cold it's just the water being pumped around the car???

Neil

neiloakley
13-12-02, 04:12 PM
when i had that noise it was because the head gasket had gone and when the piston was moving up expelling the exhaust gas, it was pushing this gas into the water system causing a bubling/gushing noise. Do a simple compression test and you will find you answer (remember to take the lid off the header tank otherwise you wont the compresion reading will read normal cos the gas wont be escaping anywhere (cos the water system is sealed too)

mikeoxford
13-12-02, 05:28 PM
could just be bubbles in your water, try flushing the system and adding new antifreeze - winter is here anyway. if not do the same procedure as if you had just put the stuff in and bleed all the air from the system, top hose off etc.

Dicko
15-12-02, 11:26 PM
i think it depends if water is circulating ur radiatore when u switch off the engine the time b4 u start it"!

as it cools down it creates air bubbles in ur heater matrix becuz its taken up less space. nothing to worry about all my novas have done it and nothing ever wrong with them