PDA

View Full Version : radiator position with let

nova_stee
18-01-09, 06:36 PM
does the radiator go in the standard mounts with a let or does it need to go forward.
iwhen i do mine i want to use a frontera 2.8 intercooler but dont want it on show.
p.s engine will be standard turbo
thanks stee

R1CH
18-01-09, 07:03 PM
Need to move the rad forward about 1.5" or so, also needs moved more central to allow the boost pipes to fit either side of it. Your also gonna have to chop a recess in the front panel for the intercooler to sit in.
You can get it to fit behind the bump but you've gotta chop the centre part of the bumper out (and fit some mesh).
Its the same set up as mine, and mines behind the bumper - not on show.

Rich
18-01-09, 07:06 PM
Frontera cooler will mean the pipes have to run down the left/right of the rad, so needs to be moved into the middle anyway. Its going to need fitting to know for sure where everything is gonna go. Depending what fan you plan on using (front or back mounted?) will make a difference too

edit- beat me to it! ^

nova_stee
18-01-09, 07:09 PM
cheers mate is ur nova still on the road ihavent heard of it for a bit i work in wigton and seen it a couple of times last summer.
sorry am not trying to be cheeky

R1CH
18-01-09, 07:18 PM
cheers mate is ur nova still on the road ihavent heard of it for a bit i work in wigton and seen it a couple of times last summer.
sorry am not trying to be cheeky

Its been off the road since the start of June, melted a piston on the way to PV show.
Just been rebiuiding it, keep having problem after problem with it tho, when there running right there awesome, when there not then there an absolte pain in the ar*e !!! which i'm sure you'll findout at somepoint. lol
More than welcome to have a look at mine if yor stuck with anything.

nova_stee
18-01-09, 09:20 PM
cheers lads that would be good to have a look al pm you in the coming months