PDA

View Full Version : gsi engine into 1.0 shell

danbarrett7
18-01-09, 09:25 AM
help is needed. swapped an engine over years ago went from a 14i to 16i easy... but now changing a 1L to an early gsi lump think its the e16se...and the mind boggles with the transfer of the old engine loom for the gsi ecu loom how the HELL do i mate the 2 plugs together???? help help help help

mowgli
18-01-09, 09:51 AM
this has been covered hundreds of times
please use the search facility.. there are about 5 wires that get used....

danbarrett7
18-01-09, 10:51 AM
this has been covered hundreds of times
please use the search facility.. there are about 5 wires that get used....
cheers mate you must get fed up of people asking silly questions like these..... but could you point me in the right direction ie search facility??? all it is is got 3 wires out of my standard loom and 6 into the ecu plug i know whats what on the colours etc just need help as to where i take the feeds from to modify the 3 pin plug on the standard loom looked at diagrams and such but can not for the life of me understand them.. bit thick with leccy stuff im just a painter sorry.....

Plug
18-01-09, 10:57 AM
there is an artical my RazorJack showing you how to use the Search button

the E16Se is the GTE engine also the Gsi is the C16SE.

danbarrett7
18-01-09, 11:19 AM
there is an artical my RazorJack showing you how to use the Search button

the E16Se is the GTE engine also the Gsi is the C16SE.
found out how to use the search but to no prevail loosing heart over something that could be so simple :-(.. as for the e16se thing i took it out of my rotten old gsi it was the earlier when they was still using the gte spec just had a bit of a face lift but the engine is still the same... god im loosing faith with it all

Mike
18-01-09, 07:23 PM
The conversion your doing, is exactly what ive done.

The GSi engine loom will not connect to the 1.0 car loom, so snip the multi plug off the engine loom and hardwire it into the car loom.

mowgli
18-01-09, 07:28 PM
The GSi engine loom will not connect to the 1.0 car loom, so snip the multi plug off the engine loom and hardwire it into the car loom.

the most important thing is to strip out the loom back to the ign switch & replace the clear coated wire with a new one, cos the clear one is a resistor that drops the voltage to 6v, so it won't work the ecu..........

danbarrett7
18-01-09, 08:59 PM
cheers.. i know im a pain but could you possibly write down a list of what wires (ie coulors and leadin to and from)i can wire into too do this ive completely stripped and repainted the bloody thing fitted the gsi interior dash clocks ive even dropped the damn thing on coilovers... and 1 ****ing plug throws me into a dizzy fit... will i have to take all dash out again then???? mate told me it would all just plug in nice an easy cant wait too see him again ha ha ... much appreciated

mowgli
18-01-09, 09:02 PM
the 1.0 is the hardest one to convert.......

due to me hating mk2's, I have only ever played with mk1's & am not familiar with mk2 interiors etc. so I think its down to you spending an hour with a haynes book & the crayons

danbarrett7
18-01-09, 09:13 PM
spent many hours pondering with my haynes cannot for the life of me work out the diagrams they start to look like hyrogliphics to me mate... dint think about the crayons ha ha