PDA

View Full Version : ICE websites ??

wisewood
12-12-02, 02:02 PM
anyone know of a decent ICE web site... online store type thing - i know roughly what i want to do but not sure how much it's gonna cost me.

ta.
andy.

Cheese
12-12-02, 03:24 PM
Andy,

Try the following places:

www.edworthys.co.uk
They're near me at home, and are pretty reliable and honest, but not the cheapest..

www.caraudiodirect.com
www.basejunkies.co.uk
www.hendoncarstereo.co.uk
www.caraudiodiscount.com
www.caraudiocentre.co.uk
www.caraudio.uk.com

Also the one thats on the back of Revs, Fast Car.. MCS i think they're called, but cant remember.Bright yellow advert.

Hope that helps

Ben :)

whitey
17-12-02, 11:21 AM
Wisewood, got the cheapest (usually)

Its www.mcs-direct.co.uk

Usually back page of mags, generally is the cheapest, some sites offer cheaper products but then end up chargeing more than them for delivery so its more in the end.

They charge ?10 delivery no matter how many items you order whereas most others go up in multiples of ?5!

There website is a bit on the shocking side but they are completely honest and do have good service! Just don't order the wrong thing coz sites charge you to send goods back!

Chris

wisewood
18-12-02, 12:15 PM
thanks lads - i will check it out...
see if i can't get my system sorted out ready for the summer when my clio takes me to nova meets around the country :lol:

mikeoxford
18-12-02, 03:30 PM
lol WISE - GET YOURSELF SORTED - get a nova kiddo!

what engine is your clio?

you going on the strip @ POD?

wisewood
18-12-02, 03:36 PM
lmfao - getting anova next year or maybe early 2004 depending on funds.

Clio is 1176cc... so probably not going up the strip no. :D

mikeoxford
20-12-02, 01:59 AM
another thing to do is go price matching at halfords, go in with a copy of max flowers or past far and they will honor MCS prices or whatever, so long as they stock it............

MattyWoo
20-12-02, 08:10 AM
they told me they wouldn't honour the price because they werent within a certain distance :(

mikeoxford
20-12-02, 09:24 AM
tell em bollox they have a store round the corner :lol:

just try a different store - i KNOW it works, been there done that :oops: cheapskate LOL

find a pair of halfords and magazine store closer to each other

wisewood
20-12-02, 12:07 PM
but finding a magazine advert store, close enough to a halfords might mean driving around all over the sodding place... be cheaper to pay 15 quid for next day delivery :D

Alex
20-12-02, 12:10 PM
they wouldn't honour the price match so i got out my mobile and ordered my speakers in front of the Halfords manager :D

wisewood
20-12-02, 12:23 PM
now that is a VERY GOOD idea... haha... make them feel really stupid as you say to them on the phone... i am in halfords but hey wont proce match... so i'd like that amp, those two subs and two pairs of those 6x9's...

MattyWoo
20-12-02, 01:23 PM
lol @ mike: find a pair of halfords and magazine store closer to each other (sorry dont know how to use the quote thing)

If there was a magazine store closer wouldn't it be easier to go and get the stuff from there??? :?

wisewood
20-12-02, 01:53 PM
good point well made... i never thought of that... lmfao.

mikeoxford
20-12-02, 05:04 PM
:rofl:

im howling at that!

mikeoxford
20-12-02, 05:04 PM
tw@t :oops: