PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a new xbox......

kevo16v
17-01-09, 11:05 AM
As above, been 5 months since mine died. Paid £60 for a 6 month old permium console with a hard drive also got 3 years waranty..... Result :D

Now my problem is i cant get it on to xbox live, keeps saying it cant get the ip adress on the connection test screen.

I used to run my old one from the missus's laptop with no probs (previously set up the shared internet connection & using the ethernet cable from the laptop to the xbox) but this one doesnt seem to want to work.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it working or what the problem might be?????

Thanks in advance

Kev

bmw156
17-01-09, 11:12 AM
get a router and set it up through that.
or you might be trying to use the same connection set up befor. delet any connections that used to be for the old xbox and set up a new one,

kevo16v
17-01-09, 11:14 AM
Cheers pal, will give it a try. Thanks for the speedy reply + Rep :thumb:

L14MNP
17-01-09, 11:21 AM
You sure the MAC address isn't blocked by Xbox Live dude?

kevo16v
17-01-09, 11:47 AM
MAC address???? Sorry im computer illiterate....

L14MNP
17-01-09, 11:49 AM
It's probably fine, but IF it's been flashed/chipped/ (or in some cases I've heard of) Microsoft just feel like it, they ban the Xbox's MAC address which will stop it establishing an internet connection.
Ignore me though lol I'm computer illiterate too for the most part!

kevo16v
17-01-09, 12:06 PM
lol No worries bud. Brought it off a mate that rarely used it, its still got the month trial of xbox live on the hard drive.

Will have another go tonight.

Martin
17-01-09, 12:34 PM
Kev.. same with me.. i had mine runing from my Laptop, via ethanet, and the other day it just decided not to work(with it been chipped i thought id been blocked, so i tried it direct from modem, and it works fine...

i duno what the fecks going on lol

kevo16v
17-01-09, 02:19 PM
What BMW156 said makes sence, going to clear the old connection and make a new one.

Just been and brought COD 5..... will keep me busy if i can get online. :D