PDA

View Full Version : XE Oil Cooler help

Nobby
16-01-09, 10:45 PM
my xe oil cooler in my cavi fouled on my pas pulley and split the pipe, has anyone ever blanked the 2 unions off above the oil filter??:confused:

Dar
17-01-09, 12:01 AM
I haven't but you can take the sandwich plate out. You will need another fitting for the oil filter to screw on to. A smaller one.

Rich
17-01-09, 12:04 AM
Get one from vauxhall. Ask for an oil filter fitting on the c20xe without the oil cooler

VXandy
17-01-09, 04:48 PM
Remove the oil filter, then remove the sandwich plate, and the oil filter thread, then just remove the oil cooler and go to vauxhall and ask for an oil filter thread for a c20ne engine that doesn't have an oil cooler fit that and a new oil filter and away you go!

Jonlem
17-01-09, 04:50 PM
Go down the scrappy, remove any small block oil filter and carefully remove the male-male adaptor from the block with some grips.

If your stuck for one I can post you one for a couple of quid

Graeme
17-01-09, 04:55 PM
The ones on the small blocks have a hexagonal hole for an allen key iirc to save you chewing it up with some grips

Adam
17-01-09, 05:06 PM
Go down the scrappy, remove any small block oil filter and carefully remove the male-male adaptor from the block with some grips.

If your stuck for one I can post you one for a couple of quid
Are they the same?

Jonlem
17-01-09, 05:13 PM
Adam, yes they are and I don't think they all had allen key fittings as I removed every single one from any vauxhall that was at the scrappy last time I went and I used the grips on them all LOL

There not that tight either, good grips won't wreck them if your careful, if do mark them just clean them up a little and fit that end into the pump casing first.

Adam
17-01-09, 05:19 PM
Cool, didnt know that.

Jonlem
17-01-09, 05:22 PM
Learn something new every day, irc even the ones from the diesel were the same, its possibly the filter that is smaller not the fitting

Nobby
18-01-09, 12:27 PM
cheers guys i got me another oil cooler now!