PDA

View Full Version : Did You ???

Cassa_Nova
12-12-02, 11:08 AM
How many people have modded there first car is there much point ???

wisewood
12-12-02, 11:17 AM
i did nothing with my first - well... second hand alloys and an SR interior... but nothing besides that. couldn't be bothered. wish i had now though... so there you go.

carltoncrazy
12-12-02, 02:18 PM
since 99% of the time u right off ya first car,y bother,
or if ya wanna be a cokcy wanker,then get a carlton(not like im trying sell em here......honest) and then wen u smash into sumfing,u right everything else off,and u just have to buy a new bumper.

wisewood
12-12-02, 02:34 PM
since 99% of the time u right off ya first car

RUBBISH!!!
I do not believe for 1 second that 99 out of every 100 people write off their first car... where the hell you got that from?

Dave_Hay
12-12-02, 02:44 PM
yip its in the gallery section :)

you either mod cars or u dont, dont matter if its ur first car or 40th.

d0gz_bollox
12-12-02, 02:48 PM
I modded my first car. still got it too, had it a just over a year now :)

http://www.sldl04908.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/nova.jpg

Dave_Hay
12-12-02, 02:54 PM
them wheels look quality

ps u aint as much as a gimp as i thought ud look :lol: :P

d0gz_bollox
12-12-02, 02:57 PM
why thank you sire, thats another person who doesnt think im a gimp. lol.

Ive got the center caps at home, just cant be bothered to spray them grey. lol

Fester
12-12-02, 03:00 PM
hayz has a point i like all my mate smoked my first car big time

Anton
12-12-02, 03:52 PM
heres my first car, had it for 10 months and when I got it, it was standard

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/346big.jpg
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/346big3.jpg

Alex
12-12-02, 04:19 PM
Yep, mine is my first car. Had it 2 years now. Yes it is worth doing :D

carltoncrazy
12-12-02, 04:23 PM
wisewood, loads of people smash there first car up,
ask micky.

wisewood
12-12-02, 04:33 PM
i agree that loads of people smash up their first car - not arguing with that... all i am saying is that i do not believe that 99% of everyone driving on the roads today wrote off their first car.

That means you take a cross section of society and stand 1000 people in a car park and only ten of them would not have... I think not.

Maybe 40/50% but not 99. No chance.

jkhilton
12-12-02, 05:33 PM
I modded my first car, but then sold it before I was old enough to legally drive it!!! I then modded my second car, my third and then when I got to my fourth, I modded that as much as I could in the time it was around and then smashed it up on a motorway slip road!! doh! :( with my 5th, I modded that, but then sold it due to the engine blowing up! and no doubt I will mod my next one aswell.

Breeny
12-12-02, 05:44 PM
My first car ended up being the buffer for an alfa romeo gtv V6 at 70/80mph. I'd say do something to it, but keep it cheap mods.

Guv
12-12-02, 05:59 PM
i got 1.4 sr its my first car and i aint even passed me test yet m8 and ive spent between ?3000-3500 on kitting it up and getting it sprayed its still in the body shop :lol: i think its worth evey penny ill get pics sorted when i get it back

Jim
12-12-02, 06:20 PM
The car i drive is my first car. I have been modding this for around 2 years now and it's still far from finished :roll: lol.

It depends on your circmstances on what you can afford to do with your car. Everything I've done has been declared to the insurance company. I'm 25 tho and have a pretty well payed job. It's another matter if your 17 and have a weekend job :|

Jim

Matt Finary
12-12-02, 11:35 PM
The flying machine was my first car, I had it for 3 years and I have done a couple of small mod's :lol:

Matt :twisted:

?Marty?
12-12-02, 11:53 PM
Of course you should modify your first car. It's a good learning experience.

Phil_G
12-12-02, 11:58 PM
my nova is my 1st car...

46k later its still going strong

phil

Nova1.6
13-12-02, 12:09 AM
how can 99% of everyone crash there first car, so ur saying 99% of a person smashes it and the remaining 1% of that person doesn't, don't 100% of a person have to be in the car to be in it at all?

Ive had my car 6 months and spent about ?1500 on mine, alloys, exhuast, de-cat, engine parts, tuned, interior.

It is my first car and i am very happy with, i feel proud of what ive done and like driving it, im not afraid to show it off at meets.
so i say YES it is worth modding ur first car, as someone said before, u learn about modding.

If i do smash my car it'll because of a stupid judgment of me or by another person.

Will
13-12-02, 09:08 AM
I agree with wisewood, theres no way 99%, but im sure he was just giving an example. Having said that out of the people i was in 6th form with i only know handfull of my m8s that didnt crash at come point (this includes me :D )

Mine is my 1st car ive spent a fair bit on it looks and engine wise now, i like to think im a farely safe driver but we all make mistakes and accidents do happen, its a learning curve.

p.s. Only 2 passengers ever went in breenys 1st car and i was one :D lol

ade
13-12-02, 12:38 PM
had my nova 5 yrs now and totally rebuilt it, retrimmed it and beefed it up (apart from engine) after initial small mods - alloys, skirts etc being done 1st.

I agree with wisewood on write offs however I reckon every new driver will bang or have their 1st car banged within 18 months - 2 yrs. Its like an initiation into driving!

:roll:

If yer gonna mod, keep it simple to start with. Its more costs of insurance initially. Build up NCB 1st!

Nova1.6
13-12-02, 12:52 PM
VERY true ade, i got hit within the first month of having my car, been driving for 6 months before that in my dads 1ltr corsa.
Luckly the damage wasnt too bad that i had to scrap the car, but has brought the value down a bit as its a cat D write off or summit, i haven't actualy been told yet!
Money i got fomr the old woman going 'up my arse' i used to mod my car.
Well worth modding ur first car. having ur first own car is half the fun of it, modding it is the second part!

carltoncrazy
13-12-02, 12:53 PM
lol at u lot.99% was an example,NOT A FACT.
look il correct myself, NEARLY every1 fucks there first car.
novanutter,ive never seen any smashed cars in redbournes car park.then again hardly n e students cars,park in the car park.
the problem is i,wen 17yrs old hit the road,they think they rule the place,king of the road in a ther 1.0 5dr saloon :lol: ,thats y we crashes.
as nutter said,its a learning curve,
MOD it if u want,its up 2 u,ur car,ur money.

Nova1.6
13-12-02, 12:58 PM
MOD it if u want,its up 2 u,ur car,ur money.

Is that not the answer to the inital post?

d0gz_bollox
13-12-02, 04:30 PM
king of the road in a ther 1.0 5dr hmmm they must of forgot to put my extra two doors on my first car (previous page).

The main reason I brought a nova was so I could have a play at modding without worrying to much about fcukin it up. Ive had a go at delocking, spraying, engine conversion, servicing, ICE installs, welding, the lot. I previously had no experience with cars. I wouldnt of dared do that on a new car, now I will though.

d0gz_bollox
13-12-02, 04:30 PM
king of the road in a ther 1.0 5dr hmmm they must of forgot to put my extra two doors on my first car (previous page).

The main reason I brought a nova was so I could have a play at modding without worrying to much about fcukin it up. Ive had a go at delocking, spraying, engine conversion, servicing, ICE installs, welding, the lot. I previously had no experience with cars. I wouldnt of dared do that on a new car, now I will though.

Ric 16v
15-12-02, 03:28 PM
I have modded my first car :D :D :D and I DON'T intend to smash it up or right it off !!!!!

CP
15-12-02, 09:07 PM
I would say that it's prob a good idea to mod your first car. With insurance being as it is most cant afford to do a lot to the engine at first so stuff gets done to the looks. This prob makes peeps more careful cos they dont want to fcuk it all up - body kits etc?

If its just an old rusty minger you have less to lose so you tend to show no mercy and give it a right rinsing everywhere.

Nova-Flair
15-12-02, 09:39 PM
im in the process of modding my first car.

how much i mod it depends on how long i keep the car like to think i will keep it for a couple of years should get it looking good within that time.

i think that you should mod your first car regardless of whether there is a high risk of you writing it off or not. modifying is gr8 and why not use your first car as guinea pig??? (by that i meant testing mods out and learning how to do things. not actually caging it up and feeding it something similar to museli :D)

Tilly
17-12-02, 12:35 AM
I had some good advice of sum 1 on here do what u think is right personal preference what u do