PDA

View Full Version : rear drums

rysmee
12-12-02, 10:59 AM
as some of you will remember i had a problem with the adjusters in the drums not working properly. now i've worked out that they keep unwinding themselves..(thus over time the pedal travel gets longer), (this is actually working the opposite of what they are supposed to! stupid vauxhall) obviously they are not working as they should.. so should i just wind them out and then mash the thread so they cant unwind... or buy some new ones? i know they won't cost alot, but i've got better things to be spending my money on! and while i'm on that subject.. chip or not to chip?.. is it worth chipping my h plate gsi??? i'm new to the injection scene!
cheers.

neiloakley
12-12-02, 11:54 AM
i wouldn't bother chipping it mate. If you can afford a bit more, rip the injection system off and fit carbs. Sound sweet and will give you shit loads more power.

Dave_Hay
12-12-02, 01:13 PM
get new adjusters, it does sound like uve got them on the wrong way tho as they shouldnt "unwind" themselves. there are a shit design tho. there supposed to be "self adjusting" :roll: there a fun job to do as well aint they :D

id also say get the car chipped if you have the money, itll work well with other mods you will carry out in future, if you choose to. and wont need setting up all the time like carbs may need. you wont see much power gains if car is standard but it would feel more responsive.

as to which chip lol i aint sure, peeps have diff opinions on every chip so its personal preference really.