PDA

View Full Version : GOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM........ (or not)

Ben (lurk75)
12-12-02, 07:45 AM
I know some of you guys are intrested in where weve been so i pasted an email i sent my friend, its not all fun!!

We have only really just got to Saigon after being on the bus for 76 ours solid, it was an experience, no food, only 1 bottle of water.
The roads are crazy, they overtake on the top of hills going around corners at about 80mph in a bloody coach. We saw two artics turned over on the roadside and another coach on its side!
It seems ok, the places we stopped whilst on the bus were very Hostile towards us (only non vietmanese on there) We were a bit worried what we had let ourselves in for.
We arrived at 3am and were just turfed out onto the streets! (no one else on bus spoke any english) Luckily we found a taxi before getting our bags snatched by the motorbike thieves Hanging around.
We had very little vietnam dong money so were worried if could pay for taxi. We arrived in the backpackers area at nearly 4am and some guy said he had rooms left so when we followed him he led us up an ally and said down there and pointed to a very dark lane, i just turned round and said to Kath no chance, so we carried on wandering around and seen some blokes stood outside a doorway. They said they had rooms, this time was genuine. For us$ 8 we hav got the nicest room since october, is the first one to have hot water, since then too.
We were just very relieved to be here and with our stuff intact.

By daylight it seems a much friedlier place, although signs throughout saying watch for pickpockets thieves etc...

kevw
12-12-02, 09:38 AM
What a mission!

wisewood
12-12-02, 10:19 AM
there's always gonna be bad points going out there - but you must be loving it. :D

Keep us informed of what you're up to mate.

ollster
12-12-02, 10:24 AM
wow sounds like an amazing experiance, have fun on the rest of your trip mate

mikeoxford
12-12-02, 12:15 PM
sound sureal like something off the TV or a michael palin or billy connelly!

nice one mate

ENJOY URSELF

Tilly
12-12-02, 01:30 PM
Sounds great. Have fun :lol:

Matt Finary
12-12-02, 11:18 PM
sounds really good 8)

Matt :)

?Marty?
12-12-02, 11:55 PM
Yeah, top stuff!

ade
13-12-02, 12:35 AM
NEVER go down some blokes back alley!

You big enuff to know that! Good job you didnt - sounds like yer having a laff despite the odd hick up.

Fester
13-12-02, 12:42 AM
the mission to end all missions!