PDA

View Full Version : dash lights on mk4 astra gone

GTE TURBZ
15-01-09, 07:28 PM
Sorry people just quick question please, the dash and heater control back lights have stopped working on my astra the other day, tried to search on-line for a solution to no avail, anyone on hear know what the problem might be

The rear fogs aren't working either, first it was intermitant and now completely stopped.

Thanks!

H

GTE TURBZ
04-07-09, 03:59 PM
Bump

this is becoming increasingly annoying, the instrument lights have completely stopped has anyone had this problem? or might know whats up with it

cheers in advance

Rich
04-07-09, 07:56 PM
Fuse, are they not working at all?

Bulbs can go any time,

GTE TURBZ
05-07-09, 11:46 AM
Fuse, are they not working at all?

Bulbs can go any time,

I dont think its the bulbs as they used to be temperamental, but now they havent worked for awhile and dont think they will. I think its a common fault from what i've read on the web. Trouble is no one has really posted a solution on all the forums i've visited.

Guderian
09-07-09, 05:23 PM
Just the centre backlights behind the heater controls, or the ones behind the speedo,fuel,temp, as well??

If it's just the centre ones, they are, for some stupid reason, wired to the ignition not to the sidelights. They therefore burn out very quickly. What i do is wire them to sidelights instead to give them longer life.

i THINK you can get LED equivalents to the little 5mm push fit bulbs (but quite pricey when designed for 12volt systems) which are a fit and forget solution. You can certainly get them for the larger 10mm push fits.

Best do this job while summer lasts as plastic components explode into shrapnel when you give it some gip in cold weather!

Guderian
09-07-09, 05:26 PM
.....As regards the fog light, if the switch and bulbs are ok, search on here under 'foglight' as i mentioned last week a dodge to bypass faulty inhibitor switch.