PDA

View Full Version : Golf, The game

hc coupe
15-01-09, 02:12 PM
Right I've never played before; And I don't intened on keeping it up, however a few lads are going to have a round of golf (all 18 holes) and a bit of a lash up.

Anyway I've got to get enough clubs to do the whole 18 holes for under £30 !!! (Everyone has the same limit , one mate has just brought a driver for £29.99 and is well chuffed and someone else has just brought 4 clubs to covering most shots !!).

So how hard is it to play with junior gear or a female set? Its far less money and you can get a complete set for under the price (Second hand). I want to rock a full set out, trolley and bag.

What should I be looking for? or what would you buy?

There is about £400 going on this .

Edit: Everyone need's to have a Receipt for the clubs and there is 8 of my mates playing.

MyNovaSr
15-01-09, 03:07 PM
Unless your super short you'll be on your knees playing with a junior set.

All you really need is a putter, 5 iron, 9 iron (2 irons) and a wood (driver, 3 or 5), then you can spend the rest of you £30 on a uber small PINK bag and matching trolley lol .

Riggy
15-01-09, 03:20 PM
best bet is to pop of to a golf club and look in the shop , the ones near us have loads of 2nd hand clubs for about £5 each ,

either that or 2nd hand shops etc , or the loot / ebay lol

MyNovaSr
15-01-09, 03:25 PM
I know how to get a full set for under a tenner, but you wont get a receipt!

Well not for the clubs lol

Andy
15-01-09, 03:29 PM
Car boot sales are your best bet,probably one of the most popular things on sale,and dirt cheap aswell,ideally you want a small bag,tees,balls,9 iron for chips and bunkers,4 iron for the fairway and a 3 wood.You can tee off with a 3 wood aswell and still gain good distance.Obviously a putter aswell,i reckon at my local boot sale i could get that for under £30 and get a bacon sarnie with the change

hc coupe
15-01-09, 03:46 PM
Putter, 5 iron, 9 iron and a wood. I looked at getting just these but then I'd need to get P&P of eBay (soon eats up the £30 or I'm driving to 3-4 homes).

I like the Idea of a car boot sale, However i don't think i can be F'ed to walk around a feild on my day off looking around people $%@# lol....Hmmm

And I can't play at all soo they are going to take a bit of a punishment, rules out cheap sport shops made from match sticks

MyNovaSr: Effort 100%, not sure i'l take you up on it mind lol

Thanks People !!

Mike
15-01-09, 05:11 PM
If it were me, id buy a 3 driver, a 5 & 7 iron & a putter. Done.

How hard it to play? Depends if youve ever played it before chap.