PDA

View Full Version : older nova`s

carltoncrazy
11-12-02, 07:55 PM
know every one likes addin GTE bumpers etc.but how about keeping them like they left the factory.
im rebuilding my met blue sr to standard,
so how many others out there are keeping there nova standard,
i know sum1 on here does nova sports,but wot about 1.3l,1.2,1.0,i know theres many about but,soon enough there gonna rot away,and none of the, are gonna be left,and there worth more standard than with neons all over them!
remeber the nova is 10 yrs old,its almost a classic car!!
so what everyone think?do you keep you standard.
there seems to be a miss understanding,you get respect for having a nice car,a solid car,
you dont get respect for having a rust gte look alike,
your get respect for having a clean 1.2.
so how many people are keep them standard?
sheep dip,if you buy that b reg,are you gonna restore it to standard?

Austin_Nova16
11-12-02, 08:26 PM
not a case of "standard"....more a case of keeping a 'clean' look to the car i recon....

?Marty?
12-12-02, 03:14 AM
Rip them to bits and go mental, as far as i'm concerned. Stop with all this 'classic car rubbish, that's only worth bothering with when it's 'classic sports cars'. Like the MG, Lotus Espri

Griffin
12-12-02, 03:21 PM
Totally agree CARLTON CRAZY! When I see pics of someones mint 1.3 SR and their plans to strip it or cover it in a load of stuff then I think it's a real shame as it's one less 'standard' SR etc on the road. Interesting idea of restoring a real basic 1.0 L or something, never see any of them nowadays!

Chris LR
12-12-02, 09:27 PM
< Standard SR with a blue stripe.

carltoncrazy
12-12-02, 09:35 PM
griffin,it does piss me off aswell,
i know its not seen as "cool" to have a standard 1.0,but who gives a fuck?in 15 yrs time i know my standard sr will be worth more than any "kitted"car.
so is any1 else apart from me and chris keeping there cars standard?

Chris LR
12-12-02, 10:00 PM
I agree with the value bit, After a few winters things will start falling off cars that have been done on the cheap. I personally like the Job Vauxhall Did with styling.

If Jeramy Clarkson can feature a GTE on his latest Video, not critisize it and not destroy it, I think we've got a pretty good car.

Fester
12-12-02, 11:00 PM
I am a big fan of the mk1 SRs and GTEs, they just look agressive as hell on 15s or 16s

Matt Finary
12-12-02, 11:23 PM
I have agree as well, the stardard look is the best :o

Matt :lol:

mikeoxford
12-12-02, 11:41 PM
i like modded novas, both subtle, and the more jap styley, some can look good some can look SH!TE it depends on what mods and whether they work well IMO

i also like the standard nova

i would LOVE a standard, white, nova gte, untouched, possibly with some different alloys, but vauxhall alloys though. tigra or something.

but yeah,

an un modded white gte
an un modded or subtley (my car!) mk2 sr

everyone has different tastes, but one thing i will say however

a highly modded car is cr@p unless it is clean, and well looked after and mint in the first place.

to be honnest the condition of the car is MUCH better than the money spent on it to change its appearance i think.

mikeoxford
12-12-02, 11:44 PM
those are my OPINIONS expressed by the way! lol :? go easy on me!