PDA

View Full Version : Dans court case speeding out come!

dan16v
11-12-02, 06:49 PM
yo
went to court monday for my speeding case but havnt been online for weeks due to crappy internet server fault!
any way as many know i got cought doing 109.2mph at 2.30pm on a sunday! dam it! well busted!
went to court and pleaded guilty (they had vascar evidence from the 3minuet chase!) +they knew i was going far faster than the above at times so i thought id just agree!.
made up that i only earn ?180 a week and fiddled my out goings so i only have ?40 to spend after all bills go etc!. said i 'occasionaly' need my car for work!.
they said it was still a serious offence but gave me a 55day ban and ?145 fine! and NO points! :lol: :lol:
suckers wat a laff! the justice system is shite! i would have done me much harder! i got away well light!
when i was in court id of loved to say 'can you hurry up im double parked!'
ne way ive learnt my lesson and im never going to speed again thank you lyndhurst courts of justice! :wink:

Jim
11-12-02, 06:59 PM
what can you say?...you were very lucky. I hope you have learned your lesson. Only a few weeks ago Breeny got a load of points (not sure how many). It's strange that the justice system varies so much :?

Jim

carltoncrazy
11-12-02, 07:17 PM
lcuky ****!

dan16v
11-12-02, 08:00 PM
very lucky! not my first speeding offence either! got an sp30 already :cry:
its made me so aware im only going to use the 16v during the summer show season for ie novaload meets, trax, png, pod etc as ive got a 1.1 fiesta which struggles to do 60mph! and that will keep me out of trouble.
im just real glad i got no points! the judge said my car being a nova is not safe at these speeds ****! :evil:

Jimmeh
11-12-02, 08:57 PM
congrats :D

carltoncrazy
11-12-02, 09:08 PM
this is the thing though,the judge doesnt no ur car,
and the nova has,boy racer stamped all over it,
for all he knows it culd b a rot bag,with a 2.016v engine init.

dan16v
11-12-02, 09:14 PM
yup this is what annoys me my car has been seam welded inc the strengthining plate kit and tas tca kit etc and is more than capable of 100+ didnt say that tho! :evil:

Ian
11-12-02, 09:29 PM
lucky cnut lol

oh did i mention i got let off on m56 by police rangerover a while ago at 97mph (only cos he couldnt catch me over 120 lol) id booted it to overtake then slowed down again and was cruising, and he asked me about car and the engine and sterengthening and susp and brakes etc and let me off :P

NovaKilla
11-12-02, 11:16 PM
Why do you think you've been lucky? :? You've been banned so your insurance will rocket (assuming you tell them) and your not aloud to drive for almost 2 months.

Matt Finary
11-12-02, 11:40 PM
Lucky, it could have been worse.

Matt :P

jamesburrows
12-12-02, 12:47 AM
Thats a shame, i hoped i'd be able to buy your car off ya cheap!!
You were lucky with that verdict.
Still, means you'll have the time to go mad with the engine mods!

?Marty?
12-12-02, 03:04 AM
The law is a fuckin joke (no offence mate, that's what i'd want if i were in your shoes). That's why i want nothing to do with it, despite having taken a law degree.

dan16v
12-12-02, 06:38 PM
tell me bout it i rekon i should have got banned 6months and ?500 fine and 6points! who ever posted it will rocket my ins premium is wrong rang them today told em i was banned they said how many points did they give i said none they said thats ok then! no rise in premium :lol: still ?600!. and at the end of the day who wants to be driving their car when the gritter is out and salt is on the road err not me! :wink:

ade
13-12-02, 12:31 AM
Big respect Dan (you jammy barsteward)

I'm moving th Southampton!

Looks like someone thinks December's your lucky month!

You drink Carlsberg by any chance?

:D

dan16v
13-12-02, 07:22 PM
lol yea merry xmas from all at southampton police station (motorway division!)! my car is in a sorry state now tho no wheels or box etc:( will be worth the wait tho! got to cash bak my new tax aswell! :cry:

NovaKilla
13-12-02, 09:17 PM
tell me bout it i rekon i should have got banned 6months and ?500 fine and 6points! who ever posted it will rocket my ins premium is wrong rang them today told em i was banned they said how many points did they give i said none they said thats ok then! no rise in premium :lol: still ?600!. and at the end of the day who wants to be driving their car when the gritter is out and salt is on the road err not me! :wink:

You got banned for 2 months. I know a guy who was caught doing over a ton twice in 6 months, once was 115mph over 15 miles and the other was 103mph. The first time he got a 7 day ban, the 2nd time a month. I know because I took him to court both times. No points either, infact you don't normally get points if you're banned.

So yeh, you were real lucky. :roll:

And as for your insurance not going up - well you're talking out ya a55 there. There is no insurance company in the uk that wouldn't increase you're premium if you've been banned. Unles you'd care to tell us all who this great company is that you use :?:

Dan
13-12-02, 09:57 PM
And as for your insurance not going up - well you're talking out ya a55 there. There is no insurance company in the uk that wouldn't increase you're premium if you've been banned. Unles you'd care to tell us all who this great company is that you use

Actually i got banned for 18mths with a drink drive 5yr ago (far worse than a speeding ban), after ban i reinsured and was within ?70 of previous payments and has never gone up any more just gets lower and lower. The company i use is privilege :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont be so quick to judge from your own experiences as someone always has summin similar to tell to back it up :wink:

dan16v
13-12-02, 11:25 PM
as dan said im not talking out my arse why would i lie? my company is liver pool victoria but 2yrs ago i was with cis and they didnt care about my sp30 either. thing is some ins are real hot on points and mods, just the way it goes unlucky for sum not me :lol: heres my ins- 19yrs old 2yrs no claims sp30 and ban 16v nova all mods declaired ?640 :lol: :lol: