PDA

View Full Version : Refurbs cav slabs, what would they fetch?

GTE TURBZ
14-01-09, 11:05 AM
I've decided to get my cav slabs refurbed, thats a complete overhaul i.e. acid dip strip and powder coated in the original silver, with brand new centre caps with black griffin in centre and an extra set (that will be painted) with red griffin.

If I dont put them on the car what am i likely to fetch for them? and if so would anyone be interested, I' sending them off next week. :thumb:

bmw156
14-01-09, 11:08 AM
saw a set on here the other week for 40 quid, not sure what nick. im sure they will sell tho, as they are popular wheels.

and they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them :)

Dod
14-01-09, 11:18 AM
Not much mate, after all they're just Cav GSi Wheels and so not uncommon.

They fetch like €120 for a set of 5 with decent tread but not much more unless someones restoring a Cav GSi which hasnt happened just yet.

Southie
14-01-09, 11:40 AM
I sold an old set a few months back for £80 which were a chrome finish with two good tyres and two punctured, flat and knackered.

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/NOVA3.jpg

Plug
14-01-09, 01:31 PM
I.m interested just depends on how much postage is and if they got tyre's

L14MNP
14-01-09, 03:37 PM
These brought good money a few years back - when Cesaro's never lol
I gave 15 quid for 4, but as said price is all down to what profile/condition tyres mate.

There's a guy on here that paid crazy money for brand new ones isn't there? IIRC he had a red mk1 SR

GTE TURBZ
14-01-09, 03:38 PM
No tyres i'm afraid, might just decide once refurbed, remember a yr ago there was some on ebay that were fetching 200 and more for fully refurbs ones, probably as there are so many about now price naturally falls.

Stuart
14-01-09, 04:02 PM
nice try with a sly F/S advert