PDA

View Full Version : wiring loom for conversion

napalm_27
14-01-09, 01:02 AM
rite iv got my wiring loom all stripped just about to start cutting away at the engine parts i.e plugs connectors etc what should and shouldnt i cut?
regards nathan

burgo
14-01-09, 01:09 AM
what an ubber useless thread

napalm_27
14-01-09, 01:31 AM
well thats helpful

burgo
14-01-09, 01:35 AM
well read what you put!!!! i ent a fooking mind reader, how do i know which car, engine, loom and so on it is???

napalm_27
14-01-09, 01:37 AM
orite sorry
its a 1.2 spi nova engine not sure what one but iv just literally cut away all the engine wires and ecu wires and left the main car loom now

burgo
14-01-09, 01:38 AM
and what are you planning to put in it?

napalm_27
14-01-09, 01:41 AM
c20ne mk3 astra loom
at the moment im just cutting down the nova loom
and hopefully going to make it into a plug and play loom

Sloth
14-01-09, 01:52 AM
jesus, right.....

get the glove box out, undo the ecu, and cut ALL the wires to the 2 ecu plugs. unwrap the loom that goes through the bulkhead ( remove the tape) and do the same in the bay. pull the wires INDIVIDUALLY (one at a time) until no more come out. you will be left with the dash feeds and the fule pump wire, and a few permanent lives and switched lives. now drill a hole at the top of the bulkhead at the drivers side, feed your astra loom through. pull the spare wires through from the bay under the glove box and back across the dash to the fuse box. connect em to the 3 small plugs and make sure to connect the fuel pump also. if the wires dont reach take the dash out, untape the dash loom, pull the wire across and retape it all. use the switcheds and permanents to feed the new loom. easy peasy. remember to tape it ALL up!
if this seems a bit complex then id stay with a 1.2 tbh, and build your skills, as the spi's are harder to do, and for a novice impossible....... its the ONLY way to do it.

napalm_27
14-01-09, 01:57 AM
iv got the loom in my living room lol
iv cut all the wires away already i was just asking just in case there was something there that shouldnt be cut thats all thanks for the little walk though tho may come in handy when i start fixing the looms together

Sloth
14-01-09, 02:06 AM
ha ha i did mine in car took 20 mins but i knew what i was doing, just trim the stuff to the ecu apart from the clock feeds. if ya aint got a haynes, get it and read it. otherwise you will fook it up!

napalm_27
14-01-09, 02:17 AM
clock feeds on which loom the astra or the nova loom?

Sloth
14-01-09, 02:21 AM
nova as they go from the ecu across the dash tom the clocks,and 3 iirc go from the engine to the clocks.alt, oil, and coolant iirc

napalm_27
14-01-09, 02:30 AM
orite well iv chopped them but i have a digi dash in my nova with the wires already cut on the plug so im just going to join them all back up to that

Sloth
14-01-09, 02:35 AM
oooops fail lol oh and you use the nova starting and charging loom.

napalm_27
14-01-09, 02:41 AM
iv only chopped the plug off so nothing that cant be reversed
and i was going to use the nova starting and charging loom
because its all there and its easier then messing abput trying to fit the astra one

Sloth
14-01-09, 02:50 AM
good good. if ya put the starting and charging loom on the lump when its out its easy, oh and take the alt off before it goes in mate. easier. done 5 of these now......

napalm_27
14-01-09, 02:57 AM
ok mate i usually do take them off when there coming out anyway you talking about the nova s/c loom on the engine before it goes in the nova so less fafing about once its in?

Sloth
14-01-09, 03:08 AM
yeah, makes it easy tbh. i leave the 2.0 main engine loom on aswell. manifold etc off, drop it in without the oil filter and bottom pulley on and it clears the leg. drop it in box down a t a 45 ish deg angle then push as far to the n/s and drop it down into the hole.

napalm_27
14-01-09, 10:55 AM
yer mate always do that it goes in easier
but iv never taken the oil filter and bottom pully off when doing it before may try it this time see if it makes a difference

The Simps
14-01-09, 01:51 PM
On your engine loom, what plugs have you got that are left over?

ie do you have 1 plug in the engine bay or 3 coloured plugs near the ECU (like my guide I wrote).

napalm_27
14-01-09, 03:56 PM
i have one plug empty just were the loom comes through the bulk head is that what you mean?
but il go check quick

The Simps
14-01-09, 05:09 PM
what colour wires are on it?

napalm_27
14-01-09, 05:23 PM
brown and red/blue i think mate and my ecu has just got the 1 big plug on it cant find 3 small blocks around it but im taking out the dash tomorrow to get the loom out so il check then

The Simps
14-01-09, 09:27 PM
I'm more interested in whats on the engine loom as thats what needs connecting up!

If you can get pics then that would be great!